Bugs/Error reports

I seem to have missed a few posts:

but with v.5.3 there seems to be a box at the bottom of the options list, on the custom game screen that is checked by default when I go to start a game. Unfortunately there is absolutely no text explaining what option is chosen. Any clues?

The box is a leftover from the Barbarian World option, which was removed because it didn't work.:crazyeye:

Also, I had a strange disappearing star bug (all star images gone and, on the city screen, all buildings already on planet gone, plus no population showing for planets) that would show up when I reloaded a saved game. Re-installing mod seems to have fixed this one.

I really like this mod. Thanks for the work you have done, and I hope RL allows you the time to continue working on it. :goodjob:

Well, thanks. ;) As for the bug (I noticed the same report on the DL page), I'm afraid I've got no clue. I got the same thing myself when trying to load Babylon 5 v. 2.7...

I cannot seem to get the installer to work. If I click on it, it just says that "This file contains invalid data".

Any suggestions?

5.3 has been reloaded on StrategyInformer, plus there's an alternative download from Rapidshare (you can check here: http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=19066). Hope that helps. ;)

As per:

Also, I had a strange disappearing star bug (all star images gone and, on the city screen, all buildings already on planet gone, plus no population showing for planets) that would show up when I reloaded a saved game. Re-installing mod seems to have fixed this one.

PsyCorps reported this:

The only other time i've had problems with the mod has been due to having other Mods installed that have the BUG ModComp. I've found that if you have played Rise of Man 2 or AND for example, whatever options you have set up in there for starting the game carry over into any new games started that also have BUG. Only way I got around it was to clear all of the settings in any other Mod that had BUG in it so a new game will have no preselected choices.

Hope that helps (will try it myself as I have a few mods with BUG included and got the same problem when trying to start Babybylon 5 v. 2.7). ;)

I'm experiencing the exact same issue as Dionysis (page 11). When I select MOO2Civ 5.3 from the Civ4 screen, it begins to load normally. When the load-bar reads "finished", the vanilla CIV arrow is replaced by the custom pointer for MOO2Civ. Almost instantaneously after that, I get an error prompt from Windows (looking for a solution my ass) which then forces me to choose to close the program.

(Filepath) C:/Program Files (x86)/2K Games/Firaxis Games/Sid Meier's Civilization 4 Complete/Beyond the Sword/Mods

In addition to this, I've noticed that custom unit art in every mod I have is not fully stable. When units (PC and player-owned) are highlighted or moving, the custom art is displayed and functions well. When a unit finishes combat, reaches its destination, etc. and becomes stationary, the default unit art (vanilla) comes back.

The only reason I mention that problem is to see if you think it has any connection to the issue I'm dealing with concerning your mod.

Thanks in advance,

-M.

Yes, Windows always 'searches' for solutions, but never semes to come up with any..

Not sure what to tell you. Your install path seems correct and the only custom unit art in MOO2Civ currently is from Final Frontier. I've uploaded 5.3 and downloaded it to see if there are ay problems and it works fine on my end, so I can't replicate what your experiencing. Does the problem occur with v. 5.3 only or with previous versions as well? (If not, I'd suggest using a previous veriosn: the only update in 5.3 is some additional scenarios for the SpiralGalaxy map.)

Top Bottom