New civs

cypher132

Emperor
How do I add a new civ to Fall From Heaven and Fall Further? Some help would be appreciated. :)

Civilizations are dealt with in the XML files (along with many other things). The specific file you are looking for is located at:

D:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Fall from Heaven 2 034\Assets\XML\Civilizations
(or similiar)

The file is called 'CIV4CivilizationInfos.xml' and you can open it using Notepad.

I would recommend just copying and pasting one of the existing civiliztions and making the changes you want. However, if you are looking to make extensive changes like adding unique units and leaders then there are other xml files that will need to be changed as well. It's a fairly intuitive though, so hopefully you can start figuring things out once you become a bit familiar with how it works.

I am also sure there are probably tutorials on how to do this somehwere on these forums but I don't have a link for you. Try a search.

Last, I don't think this is really a troubleshooting topic and similiar topics should probably be posted elsewhere in the future. You might get more (and better) help in the Civ 4 modding section. Just a suggestion.

Sorry for the very quick explanation, hopefully you can figure things out from here. Good luck and happy modding!

Top Bottom