A Question about city capture/razing

Deicem

Chieftain
Hi guys, in my last game i planned to capture Strassburg with my cultural influence and then raze it. I had like 70% influence in this city but nothing happened, since it was too long for me, i declared war and conquered this city. After this, nothing poped up to ask me wether i wanted to keep or destroy it and i was forced to keep this city ...

Can someone explain me why please :) ?

Is there a way to destroy the city as it is, without cheating (before or after capturing it) ?

My attached save takes place before the city capture.

Attachments

• A1.zip
    3.5 MB · Views: 70
Not with out using the cheat code.

Once you've achieved cultural majority through Cultural pressure, you can't elect to raise the city.

IF you have influence driven war enabled, and achieve cultural domination through war on the city, you CAN elect to raise that city.

Its the same for a city you've settled, that you decide later, "Hmm not a good spot, 1 NE would have been better" You can't raise that city any more with Cntl-A.

Without "cheating", I'd just abandon the city, let a 3rd party with no culture, or Barbarians take the city and have it raised that way.

Thanks for the answer.

I am a bit disappointed that the game does as if it was one that i have settled, even if it's more "realistic" : i shouldnt raze a city where my people live, but in term of gameplay there's no difference between this ennemy city and another one that i could raze with less influence.

I understand why i can't raze my own cities but don't know why this city is considered as one of mine despite what i said ealier about realism. I think that i should still be able to destroy it when i capture it since i didnt found it and i feel like i was punished to not declare war ealier to raze the city with less influence ...

So, is there a way to modifiy the "influence switch ratio" between "can raze" / "can't raze" ?

Top Bottom