Updated AND 2.1 Mega Civ Pack

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the past the pack would end up making the game highly unstable later in the game after AND updated
Will give it a try though, but I do have a few other questions:
I had no performance issues in the past with MCP - Not before the removal of Trade Routes. Honestly, I haven't played any serious games since the removal of trade routes.
My last game was a gigantic map with up to 50 civs (though not at the same time) and I remember no serious problems with it, though I've got into the modern era.
I'd like to use this again (love the ancient/archaic civs, not as big on the Modern'ish ones though) but am a bit concerned that the pack might just break again after AND pushes out a new revision...
If you don't want certain civs in your game, just delete their folder ;)

First. do the Minoan's still have their UB being a replacement of the Courthouse?
From what I recall it gave some culture and an additional trade route, but I recall some discussion elsewhere about there being too many Courthouse UB's and then the removal of Trade Routes... Did their building change to something else, or is it still a Courthouse replacement?
What do you think about the Anaktora? What should it replace?

@dbkblk
I wonder if it would make sense to put the fpk file into the repo too? It would make installation easier, wouldn't it?

I wonder if it would make sense to put the fpk file into the repo too? It would make installation easier, wouldn't it?
It would... but we cannot do that for two reasons:
- Github tolerate freely upon 1go of data, and the lone file is 2,2go, hence the removal.
- This platform is made for coding, to ease collaboration, not for storage of data. This is crucial as git (like svn) store the file each time it is modified and keep it indefinitely, so if you make a modif on the file in 2014, it will still be stored in 2016, which means 4,4go of data stored just for one file. This is not acceptable for a free plan (sourceforge accept this but this is way less convivial to use).

I think the best solution is to set a roadmap as this is more clear for devs and for players. For example:
# version 1.4
- Integration of Mississipi
- Full compatibility with rev866.
- etc.

This way, we can provide a link to the latest 1.4 (with the package inside) to players and then small patches to fix breaks or bugs.
From my experience, this is efficient as it force you to build stone by stone and this allows to know where you want your development to go ! This also allow you to brainstorm and to think "Is that idea too large for the next release ? I might add this in 1.5 instead to keep some objectives" or "This idea should be nice, but i won't set release objectives right now as i don't know how things will go (and then you note it on # Release ideas"). For example, here's mine.

On another side, i plan to integrate the MCP installation straight into the launcher, and that will be the next big stone :) I just don't want to rush the release out by over-enthusiasm.

Rezca, UB haven't been changed lately so yes, Minoan one is always there and working.
As for future updates it should be quick enough to update MCP, I don't think we'll have big compatibility issues.

I had no performance issues in the past with MCP - Not before the removal of Trade Routes. Honestly, I haven't played any serious games since the removal of trade routes.
My last game was a gigantic map with up to 50 civs (though not at the same time) and I remember no serious problems with it, though I've got into the modern era.

If you don't want certain civs in your game, just delete their folder ;)

What do you think about the Anaktora? What should it replace?

Mm. I remember one game where I got to the Industrial/Early-Modern or so, and it just was becoming unbearably crashy. I was told it was something to do with the Mega Pack not being compatible with a recent (At the time) AND revision, so uninstalled it. But if it's working for folks now then I'll try again :>

I know I can delete the ones I don't want - I think I only installed a fraction of the included civs the first time XD

Ah was just curious. Without Trade Routes it'd need something else to replace that effect that would produce a similar result, and I've got no problem with it being a Courthouse replacement, though that somewhat makes it slightly less 'unique' in a sense hehe. I dunno if changing it is needed and if so what building would make a good replacement.
One thing that made the Incans and the Mayans less interesting to me in the longrun is their UB's obsolete now in AND whereas in BTS they'd last forever. The Terrace being replaced by the Modern Granary for example. Nothing that can be done about that though.

45°38'N-13°47'E;13627454 said:
Rezca, UB haven't been changed lately so yes, Minoan one is always there and working.
As for future updates it should be quick enough to update MCP, I don't think we'll have big compatibility issues.

Is there an updated download link, or do the ones in the beginning of this thread point towards the most recent files?

Is there an updated download link, or do the ones in the beginning of this thread point towards the most recent files?

Please read my last post, page 9.

Please read my last post, page 9.

Derp, dunno how I missed that. :crazyeye:

One of the stickied threads up on the front page should be updated with a link to that (FAQ, Installation Guide, etc) since a link buried within a thread would just get lost quickly :lol:

That's for sure but we don't have the rights to edit maska's or generalstaff's posts :/ When it'll be integrated to the launcher, that will be easier for players to download and install it.

That's for sure but we don't have the rights to edit maska's or generalstaff's posts :/ When it'll be integrated to the launcher, that will be easier for players to download and install it.

The two threads I suggested though were authored by 45* and Afforess though :)

And what about folks who don't want to or can't use the installer?

And what about folks who don't want to or can't use the installer?
No matter the evolution, svn will always be available as this is our Version Control System. However, if one can't use the installer, that's a bug i need to fix :)

I am reviewing MCP's current UUs and UBs, because I remembered that some of them could have better replacements. So I found a few things (in civ from 'I' to 'M') that I would like to discuss and if all agrees do the changes:

Iran
=============

IMIDRO (Research Lab)
It has no bonus over the RL, though its description says: "...adds production".
As it is a mining company I would like to give it a free engineer.

Kanem-Bornu
=============

Oasis (Bank)
When Vokarya is finished with redoing the Meeting Hall, maybe we should consider to make Oasis a Meeting Hall replacement.

Langobard
=============

Cloister (Arena)
I want to change it to a Scriptorium replacement, with the +1free priest kept.

Mamluk
=============

Exhibition (Museum)
It still grants +1 trade routes. What connectedness value should it be replaced with?

Mamluk (Knight)
Broken civilopedia? Maybe its only my rev of RAND...

Mexico
=============

Charreada (Arena)
+2Xp for mounted units but the Arena's +1Xp for melee is missing. Is that intentional?
I would give a +1Xp for both.

Rurales (Cuirassier)
It reads: "slightly less expensive) though it costs 190 while the Cuirassier 180 only.
I would reduce it to 170.

Minoan
=============

Anaktora (Court house)
+1 Trade route

Moche
=============

Huaca (Standing stone)
+1 Trade route

Morocco
=============

Berber pasture (Granary)
I want to make it a Butchery replacement.

Mutape
=============

Zimba (Castle)
+1 Trade route, but the connectedness bonus is also present :)

Mycanae
=============

Megaron (Arena)
The description says it was a "great hall".
I would like to change it to a Theater replacement.

I'm fine with that. Just a note: Yesterday, i was testing automated game (with CTRL ALT X) to debug on two games, Pakistan was always first. Maybe it's just a coincidence, or the UB/UU might be overpowered. Could you have an eye on it ?

Okay, it's on my to do list.
BTW, as i'm working on texture sets, i'm integrating the one you've edited as a 4th option (and/blue marble/original/alternative). Don't you see any harm ?

BTW, as i'm working on texture sets, i'm integrating the one you've edited as a 4th option (and/blue marble/original/alternative). Don't you see any harm ?

No, it works fine for me. Even, I am planning a greater modmod and want alternate terrain to be modular. Its uninstall is only to delete its folder, just like in MCP deleting a civ :) I haven't published it yet, but works as intended.

Ok. In fact, i've renamed the dds files to be conformal with the standard art definition. I've tweaked the art definition and the default textures to allow Peak detail and Hill detail. So no need to make it modular. However, if you plan to add the extra lines you've commented in the artdefines, it's fine and could enhance the textures !

The Mamluk civ's UU Mamluk has a broken civilopedia entry:
Civ4ScreenShot0072.JPG
I cannot fix it. Any idea?

Some more tweaks I would like to do with MCP. Some are just minor updates, just to list the changes, but others are more fundamental.
Please, let me know if it's all okay with you or not. I will upload the changes in a few days.

Iran
=============

IMIDRO (Research Lab)
It has no bonus over the RL, though its description sais: "...adds production".
As it is a mining company I would like to give it a free engineer.

Langobard
=============

Cloister (Arena)
I want to change it to a Scriptorium replacement, with the +1 free priest kept and to have it +3:culture:, not 2.

Mamluk
=============

Exhibition (Museum)
Add Archaeology +10% :science: (as Museum)

Mexico
=============

Charreada (Arena)
+1Xp for melee units and +1Xp for mounted units

Rurales (Cuirassier)
Cost down to 160 from 190

Minoan
=============

Anaktora (Court house)
+2:commerce: when connected to capital (replacing +1 Trade route)

Moche
=============

Huaca (Standing stone)
+1:commerce: (replacing +1 Trade route)

Morocco
=============

Berber pasture (Granary)
Replaces Butchery, not Granary.

Mutape
=============

Zimba (Castle)
Remove +1 Trade route

Mycanae
=============

Megaron (Arena)
The description says it was a "great hall".
I would like to change it to a Theater replacement, with a lawyer and a priest slot.

Nubia
=============

Medjay police (archer)
Fix upgrades

Pict
=============

Crannog
Remove trade route yield bonus

Polynesia
=============

Marae (arena --> altar)
Now it is a Ceremonial Altar wit +25% :culture: and requires Mysticism only, not Priesthood and Sacrifice.

Scythia
=============

Scythian Stable
update cost and unhealth

Seleukid
=============

Thorakitai (Light swordsman)
Remove -1:gold: per turn (pre-industrial units should not have extra maintenance cost) but increase cost to 65 (from 60, which is the cost of a regular Light swordsman)

Songhai
=============

Mandeku (Knight --> Rider)
Replace Rider, not Knight. (According the description it was a light cavalry)

S-Africa
=============

Boer Commando (Cavalry)
Add ignore terrain cost
Cost down to 250 from 270
update other stats

Swiss
=============

Hallebardier
Remove -1:gold: per turn (pre-industrial units should not have extra maintenance cost) but it still costs more then a regular Heavy pikeman.

Tibet
=============

Chorten (Standing stone --> Scriptorium)
Replace Scriptorium, not Standing stone.

Khampa (Horseman)
update Ignore Terrain Cost

Timurid
=============

Kurash Ring (Barracks)
update stats

Troy
=============

Troyan Agora (Market)
update stats

Ukraine
=============

Zaporozhian Cossak (Cavalry)
Speed down to 2 from 3
Gets Ignore terrain cost instead

Vedic
=============

Rathin (Chariot)
update stats

Venezuela
=============

Liberatador (Cavalry)
update stats

Welsh
=============

Caer (castle)
Remove +1 trade route.

Back to this:
I'm fine with that. Just a note: Yesterday, i was testing automated game (with CTRL ALT X) to debug on two games, Pakistan was always first. Maybe it's just a coincidence, or the UB/UU might be overpowered. Could you have an eye on it ?

I am 99% sure it was only a coincidence. Pakistan's UU and UB come only in the late game (iirc both are in the modern era), so they don't have much time to greatly imbalance things. Neither do they loo overpowered.
Even, Pakistan has a penalty, not being able to train Special Agents, due to a bug in the main mod (I reported that already).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom