[Translation of main mod] Help needed !

I've updated the thread with the current active translators (less than a year). Maybe this thread should be pinned to encourage newcomers to help ?!

Translation platform was updated and strings where separated in two project (to be less discouraged by the amount of strings to translate)(see first page): Main strings (what is really needed to play) and Civilopedia strings (which are needed to get help).
As of today, except civilopedia, french is translated to 99%, polish to 95% and german to 79%, which is quite good.

Good news for Czech players ! A extremely motivated translator (which has translated many projects already) has got in line with us.

I'll focus the next weeks on special typefaces support for russian, polish, hungarian and czech.

First post updated with more clear and concise instructions.

Question, I noticed something about Bulgarian support. Is it translated, or Cyrillic is merely supported?

Bulgarian hasn't started but the game is now compatible with! Translating the game from scratch is a long process but that could be very rewarding as it will increase your English skills!

If you want to translate it to Bulgarian, just ask for it on Transifex, start translating and I will add it to the language list in game in a future update!

For example, a Czech team of 2 people has started the translation from scratch two weeks ago.

EDIT: From a technical POV, we've allowed the game to display ANY character that your local Windows installation can. All the languages in the list of the first post are available because the encoding of characters in compatible with our method. Yesterday, i opened the game to last three languages compatibles (Chinese, Japanese and Korean).

Just English, French, German, Italian and Spanish. The others hadn't special characters (diacritics) or even letters (cyrillic, arabic).
EDIT: All the languages here were theorically compatible (see complete coverage): https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISO/IEC_8859-1

What do you think about merging in the main mod a country for which the game is translated as a recompense for translation ?
We could merge Czech Republic, Finland, Hungary and Poland even if their stories are quite recent (they are already in the Mega Civ Pack).

EDIT: Let's say when they are at least at 80%, so Poland only for now.

I've added new languages to the platform:
- Greek: No initial translation
- Portuguese: Initial translation of the base game, without extensions (27%), from the Civ4BR project https://sourceforge.net/projects/civ4br/

Add me to translators team please:)
i like to work on Russian language, i tried to translate words now but it tell me i`m not a member of project.

Just register on Transifex and ask to join the Russian team! Or give me your nickname on Transifex if already done.

On a side note, I've began to update the Spanish translation. I hope I don't make too much mistakes...

EDIT: Ok, same nick. You're added now!

I've cleaned the text from around 2000 obsoletes strings in main strings and civilopedia strings. This is due to features not used anymore or text from old merged features which were never enabled.

This move will allow to save around 4 days (~2h/day) of translation work ;)

Good news! We are now 30 translators for 20 languages!
  • Czech: Impressive work from Tedragon and fri. The game is now 10% translated!
  • Greek: The game translation is starting slowly but there are 5 translators for that language! Thank to the work of nionios, koteo, Alainto and ouzomezes, the website will be translated in Greek and work is ongoing to be the first Civ IV mod translated in Greek.
  • Italian: Our grandmaster 45° has translated the website in Italian! Thanks to him!
  • Portuguese (Brazilian): Phylhom has nearly finished the Brazilian translation of the website! Thanks to him! Game translation is on hold because we are waiting some answers from the Brazilian community.
  • Russian: We have now 3 Russian translators. Welcome to masaykh for improving the game!
  • Spanish: RyoHazuki has joined our group! Welcome!

In case someone has noticed, I've made a small campaign to find new translators, and... it just worked ! We have 57 translators now :)

This is magic :)

The website is now fully translated in Greek :) Many thanks to the Greek team! I find it wonderful to have a website translated in 7 languages (German and Spanish work has started, so maybe 9 soon). BTW, 63 translators now.
I will update the credits page on the website to add all of those who implied in the translations since the last time!

Wow. 57 translators. I'm wondering if I should pitch in, but how many Bulgarians play AND?

In terms of pure sourceforge statistics, we had 14 downloads from Bulgaria since 2015-01-01. However, that could be due to the poor advertising in that country, the lack of English knowledge or any other factor I can't think of.
Do you know if there is a bulgarian Civ community ? For example, I don't know about the Czech community, but there are only 3 translators and they are doing an EXCEPTIONAL job! The game is now 19% translated and they started from scratch.

Top Bottom