Sukritact's Events and Decisions

Fixed by right clicking the mentioned file and renamed the ending to .zip and unzipped the archive.

And then fired up the terminal and cd into the directory and....

ls | while read upName; do loName=`echo "${upName}" | tr '[:upper:]' '[:lower:]'`; mv "$upName" "$loName"; done

To make everything lowercase in that directory and then renamed the archive to..

sukritact's events and decisions (v 3)

lowercase again and moved the mentioned folder to the Civ5 MODS, and it shows up in my MOD game...

Version 3 is great but it seems I'm only able to produce little girls that, to make it worse, are all quite stupid. :rolleyes:

I'm having a problem where I can choose normal events which automatically pop up at the start of a turn but special events which give a golden prompt at the bottom (where you get "A unit needs orders") which says "Make Events Choice" don't work. When I click on the prompt, it does nothing and since it's something that you can't just ignore, I'm stuck and can't go to the next turn. I've had to disable the mod for now. Any solutions? Do I need to post a log or something?

I'm having a problem where I can choose normal events which automatically pop up at the start of a turn but special events which give a golden prompt at the bottom (where you get "A unit needs orders") which says "Make Events Choice" don't work. When I click on the prompt, it does nothing and since it's something that you can't just ignore, I'm stuck and can't go to the next turn. I've had to disable the mod for now. Any solutions? Do I need to post a log or something?

Well the "special" events are CP events, so go moan over there.

Playing Sulieman, I found that the Gunpowder Empire did not work correctly. However, two things, first playing with the Enlightenment Mod which may be the problem. Plus playing with JFD's Turks which might be an issue because the E&D blurb about the event talked about getting a free bombard which is a Turk unit and not an Ottoman unit.

Oh and maybe the Renn Era mod for units probably didn't help.

but how do I get more magistrates?

Build the Judiciary Court; it gives a couple of magistrates straight-up, as well as magistrates each era.

Hello! I'm just reporting a lua log error I've been getting regarding to this mod. I love the mod, by the way!

It could be a mod conflict (?) but maybe someone over here can give me some pointers at where to look when attempting to fix it.

Code:
[1139.656] Runtime Error: C:\Users\Olritoim\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\Sukritacts Events and Decisions (v 3) (1)\Lua\Sukritact_SaveUtils.lua:147: attempt to concatenate local 'sKey' (a nil value)

Looking at the line 147, it looks like this (with context):

Code:
    --Player
    if (getmetatable(pObject).__index == Player) then
        sTrueKey = (MY_MOD_NAME .. "_Player" .. pObject:GetID() .. "_" .. sKey)

I'm playing with CP & JFD's EC and looking in E&D to disable the Event system to avoid 'double' events (and so to only keep Decisions). In the settings file there are multiple lines for different kind of events:

g_RandomEvents_Enabled = 1
g_ScheduledEvents_Enabled = 1
g_CoreEvents_Enabled = 1

I'm not sure what the differences between the 3 are. Can someone please explain and perhaps give an example?

I believe some civ-mods have civ-specific events. To enable those, should I keep one of the 3 above on "1" or would CP and/or JFD's EC already be able to work with those civ-specific events?

I'm playing with CP & JFD's EC and looking in E&D to disable the Event system to avoid 'double' events (and so to only keep Decisions). In the settings file there are multiple lines for different kind of events:

g_RandomEvents_Enabled = 1
g_ScheduledEvents_Enabled = 1
g_CoreEvents_Enabled = 1

I'm not sure what the differences between the 3 are. Can someone please explain and perhaps give an example?

I believe some civ-mods have civ-specific events. To enable those, should I keep one of the 3 above on "1" or would CP and/or JFD's EC already be able to work with those civ-specific events?

All three should be set to 0 to ensure that the system has been disabled. Afaik there's no separation of Civ-specific events and generic events in these user settings, so you'll just have to disable them.

Would those civ-specific events always be part of 1 of the 3 groups ("Random"?) or can that vary depending on the civ-mod and how the mod-maker coded things?

I am quite new to modding and lua but I tried my best at creating some of my own events for this mod (using the event generator from the OP) because I think it's an amazing mod ;)

However, whenever one of my "new" events is supposed to show up, the game freezes. I verified that my own events are causing it by setting a weight of 0 for all other events (which are still working fine otherwise). After lots of trial and error, I finally figured out the cause: I created some new images for my own events and apparenty those are what causes civ5 to freeze, because if I replace the
.EventImage = "[imagename].dds" code with the images that are already in the mod, the events are working fine.

I spent quite some time creating those images and would really like to use them, does anybody here know what properties they need to have in order to work? I'm using paint.net for creating them and I used the same height (150px) and width (450px) as the existing images, but I noticed that my own event-images are considerably smaller in size (33 KB compared to 351 KB) than the existing ones. Does anybody know what settings I have to use so that the images become usable by civ5?

I am quite new to modding and lua but I tried my best at creating some of my own events for this mod (using the event generator from the OP) because I think it's an amazing mod ;)

However, whenever one of my "new" events is supposed to show up, the game freezes. I verified that my own events are causing it by setting a weight of 0 for all other events (which are still working fine otherwise). After lots of trial and error, I finally figured out the cause: I created some new images for my own events and apparenty those are what causes civ5 to freeze, because if I replace the
.EventImage = "[imagename].dds" code with the images that are already in the mod, the events are working fine.

I spent quite some time creating those images and would really like to use them, does anybody here know what properties they need to have in order to work? I'm using paint.net for creating them and I used the same height (150px) and width (450px) as the existing images, but I noticed that my own event-images are considerably smaller in size (33 KB compared to 351 KB) than the existing ones. Does anybody know what settings I have to use so that the images become usable by civ5?

Are you importing the image into the VFS? Is an error window popping up saying that the image is missing? That usually causes the game to freeze because the error window appears behind the game, meaning you have to alt-tab to see it.

Are you importing the image into the VFS? Is an error window popping up saying that the image is missing? That usually causes the game to freeze because the error window appears behind the game, meaning you have to alt-tab to see it.
Well, that's probably the cause since I didn't know about the VFS (I just googled it, so now I do :p). Although I didn't get an error window, not even behind the civ5 window; or at least alt-tab didn't show it.

Now I found this entry http://modiki.civfanatics.com/index.php?title=VFS_(Civ5) in the modiki, do I really have to use the modbuddy or is there another way to do it? Because I can't open the finished mod with it... Do I have to create a new one and include all the files in it that are already there?

Well, that's probably the cause since I didn't know about the VFS (I just googled it, so now I do :p). Although I didn't get an error window, not even behind the civ5 window; or at least alt-tab didn't show it.

Now I found this entry http://modiki.civfanatics.com/index.php?title=VFS_(Civ5) in the modiki, do I really have to use the modbuddy or is there another way to do it? Because I can't open the finished mod with it... Do I have to create a new one and include all the files in it that are already there?

Aren't you creating your own mod that you load with E&D? Trying to just add stuff to E&D, especially images, won't work particularly well. I'd definitely recommend creating a new mod using ModBuddy, and then simply copying your code into that.

Aren't you creating your own mod that you load with E&D? Trying to just add stuff to E&D, especially images, won't work particularly well. I'd definitely recommend creating a new mod using ModBuddy, and then simply copying your code into that.
I didn't do that since I didn't know about ModBuddy before; as I said, complete first timer here concerning mods AND lua :p I just fired up my lua editor that I sometimes use to tweak some addons for World of Warcraft to my liking and added some code to the core events file like I do for the WoW-Addons, but I guess it's not that easy on Civ mods xD

Well, I guess I'll have to learn how to use MB and try it that way then. Thanks for the help, I'll call out again if I run into any further problems ;)

Super mod! Thanks!
Needs: add button "Enact decisions" to panel from DiploCorner.lua (near espionage, policies buttons...)

Top Bottom