The Cursed Illians

SurahAhriman

Chieftain
Is there any way to specifically exclude certain civs without picking each AI in a game? I'd really like to stop having to deal with all the crap that comes with a game with Auric Alvin in it. Frostlings, Stasis, blizzards, he's the ultimate PITA. He could be on a four tile island in the middle of nowhere, and still cause just as much trouble.

I'm just a bit irked after hitting enter thirty times, but I'd be thrilled if anyone has any suggestions beyond the somewhat distasteful cherry-picking of opponents.

Well, getting Stasis sucks. True. But since it sucks for all ... So be it.
As for the frostlings - I see them as a nice way to up my XP.
Never encountered any blizzards from him. He's usually dead before that. :)

Fall Further has a mechanic where you can block certain civs in singleplayer, though its useless in multiplayer. You can also go and choose to have only random good and random neutral players and he won't appear, though then you won't have an epic war between good and evil unless you are evil. Those are the only options to keep him out of the game entirely. However, if its just stasis you dislike, and you aren't playing with a strategy that requires your worldspell, you can also turn worldspells off.

-Colin

Fall Further has a mechanic where you can block certain civs in singleplayer, though its useless in multiplayer. You can also go and choose to have only random good and random neutral players and he won't appear, though then you won't have an epic war between good and evil unless you are evil. Those are the only options to keep him out of the game entirely. However, if its just stasis you dislike, and you aren't playing with a strategy that requires your worldspell, you can also turn worldspells off.

-Colin

I do that occasionally. Stasis alone wouldn't bother me too much though, it's more the notion that he's just an annoyance, like someone playing a boardgame, not to win, but just to piss off everyone else.

I do that occasionally. Stasis alone wouldn't bother me too much though, it's more the notion that he's just an annoyance, like someone playing a boardgame, not to win, but just to piss off everyone else.

Ha ha... that I think is the best playstyle for MP Illians (not that I'm an MP type). Just play in order to tick ppl off ;). Stasis right before the warrior after a worker completes and Samhain in the middle followed by a progression towards Blizzards just to start messing with people.

Top Bottom