City States Leaders II

For Toronto, I am thinking of William Lyon Mackenzie, the city's first mayor. He was also an important leader during the Upper Canada Rebellion of 1837. Modern Toronto mayors can get quite contentious (Rob Ford (the current mayor) would be good for comic relief, while Mel Lastman is too recent).

So I finally finished putting together another list of proposed leaders, this time for the More City States mod. See post #3. Same issues of limited knowledge base and limited research, and though I always invite comment, I'm now seeking it for this list particularly. I gave a couple of options for some of them, but any ideas are welcome. I'll make flag versions for this set too.

Sounds like a great idea. Adds a bit of personality for the leader of the State. Will try. Thanks.

Hi Nutty

I've found that the leader heads show up first time I meet a CS but that every time I interact with the CS from then on they don't (some kind of standard symbol showing whether they're cultured, maritime, ... show up in stead). Is this normal behaviour, a bug og possibly of conflict with other mods? I run a lot of mods, e.g. CivUP and GEM.

\Skodkim

There is [EDIT: was] an incompatibility with CiVUP. I can override their files easily, but you'll lose whatever function that's been added to that screen. I haven't really investigated yet, so I'll take a look.

Ever get this working properly with CivUp? I'd love to use it but do not want to give up GEM or CivUp to do it.

It works just fine if you activate this mod after CiVUP; it just reverses some interface tweaks that CiVUP adds.

I'll at least post a beta soon that makes sure CSL wins regardless of the order of activation. I may just incorporate the CiVUP changes...

I don't know if you had looked at it, but the Ynaemp version use ContextPtr:LookUpControl to prevent override of core game files.

Oh, really? Thanks, Gedemon, I'll check that out.

EDIT: I like the compatibility, but I really don't like the leaders' names in parentheses in the same large font after the city name, and I don't want to leave them out either.

For now, I've instead incorporated "CS View City" by whoward69 which includes the protected status that CiVUP provides to that screen, plus a "View City" button, and I ensured that regardless of the order of activation, it should work when CiVUP is activated.

I've also posted another version (see the first post) for those who absolutely need a fully compatible version and don't mind the leader names in the alternate location.
EDIT: Note, do NOT put both the regular and compatible versions in your Mods folder at the same time since they both use the same mod ID.
EDIT #2: If you DO use the compatible version, let me know whether you'd prefer to just leave out the leader names (or for the Flags version, the country name).

I have uploaded v5, which in addition to the changes noted in the post above, adds leaders for "More City States" by crawf0rd and/or "YnAEMP City States" by Gedemon (note that if you are going to try running both of those mods at the same time, you might end up with 2 Reykjaviks, and a couple of reused leaders).

EDIT: Note I updated the Flags version as described in the previous post, but haven't yet added support for the 2 city states mods.

I'm using this on vanilla but since the latest patch i no longer see the players turn process and running issues in connecting with the city-state leaders.

Sorry for the delay, but I'll be busy for a while, but I'll have a look. in the meantime, you can switch it out with the Extra Compatible version linked in the first post.

Hi Nutty, awesome job on this mod ! I'm glad someone picked it up since I've been inactive for a looong time.
Cheers :)

Hi Nutty, awesome job on this mod ! I'm glad someone picked it up since I've been inactive for a looong time.
Cheers :)

Thank YOU! Your mod was too good to not keep it going.

(Feel free to get reinvolved!)

This is excellent; thanks, Nutty. It took a bit of trial and error to get it into my mod, but it's there now and it adds a nice "finishing touch" to it. Out of interest, do you know if there's any way to amend the background pictures that are displayed when you go into each type of city state? They're a little too "futuristic" for my ancient mod!

Top Bottom