Early War: Should I Press On?

BlueFlamingWings

Chieftain
So, I'm right now playing a game as Russia on Immortal on a small Continents map. I've already scouted out the entire continent and there's no one else on it save a single civ - China. I decided to invade and wipe them out before I meet up with any other civs and hopefully avoid that warmonger diplo penalty. I managed to conquer their capital and get some nice wonders.

I currently have 7 unhappiness. I'm working on a Courthouse in Bejing and I have a couple of Luxuries I can improve (or repair since one of them was pillaged in the battle). They have two more cities - one I definitely know I want to raze (it was settled in a terrible spot) but I don't know if I want to puppet or annex the other one. It may be smart to just accept peace, build up my happiness and infrastructure, then go on the attack again. On the flip side they only have two measly Spearmen at the moment but they may build up a bigger army in the future.

My question is this: should I press on or manage the unhappiness I already have?

Finally, sorry I have no screenshots. Whenever I tried to do one the picture just ends up black. The quality would have been crappy anyway since I'm playing on a laptop. Anyways, I appreciate whatever tips I'm given!

If you can wipe them out AND get happy in less than 15 turns, I would say do it

This seems to be your primary objective and accepting peace might jeopardize that, especially if Captain Smartypants is in the game.

Thanks for the advice, everyone. I ended up just pressing on, have completely colonized that continent and have already met the other AIs. I think I'm going to go for a Domination Victory so I'm going to look up some other guides.

Top Bottom