Divine Yuri's Persistent Save Mod Select Screen

Divine Yuri

Never Closes Chrome
For a while now I've been bothered by enabling, and disabling mods between my normal game, and testing my mods. I had an idea at a time to make a Java program that did this, but wasn't so keen on that. Then I thought can I just do this in game? So I was being lazy for 5 months began work to try and make a custom Mod Select Screen that had:

Persistent Saving mod lists
So what I mean by that from a use point of view is you enable the mods you want in the list, and click the "Save" button. You'll get a popup about what to name the list, and it's tooltip. After that click ok, and a new list has been created in the drop down which can be accessed at anytime which will enable all mods in the list in the order you enabled them in.

Other Features:
  • Update All Button
    • It includes a update all button that will update every mod that needs an update.
  • Disable All Button
    • Disables Every mod.
  • Search Bar
    • Allows you to search your mods for what you need. Includes filters to more easily find what you're looking for like "author:" that will limit the search to the authors of a mod.
  • Enable Dependencies
    • When a mod requires dependencies the enable mod button will now enable all the required dependencies, and dependencies for it's dependencies. Meaning enabling a mod that requires another is as easy as clicking it.
      • A Green ! means the mod has dependencies, and you can enable those dependencies.
      • A Red ! means it's impossible to enable at this time either from dependencies being uninstalled or another mod blocking this one.
  • Improved Mod Details
    • Dependencies / References / Blocks has been changed to also include the ability to enable the mods you have installed from the list. As well as darkening all mods that are uninstalled.
  • Better Steam Installation
    • Ever noticed the fact most mods don't download until you update a mod? Well this is caused by a function that within the Modding Select UI only runs after a update. I've added this function every time the game recreates the mod list.

[*]Sort Changes (1.1)
    • Sort By Author
      • Sorts the mods by author.
    • Title Secondary Sort
      • Other sort types than Title will now sort by their sort type then sort by title. Making enable seperate the enabled, and disabled mods but still be in order.
Screenshots:
Spoiler :

What I'm working on adding (list in priority):
  • Categories
    • Would allow you to create categories that you can assign mods to would work similarly to the Persistent Saving mod list and the search function combined. Will allow you to make a search type for the category say "author:JFD" will make the category always contain JFD's mods. Also a default "Civilizations" will be created.
  • Pick Random mods from category
    • This one is more designed for the "Civilizations" category. Will pick X random mods (Your choice) from the current category, and enable them allowing you to have games with random modded civs without needing to load the ones that won't appear in game.
  • Merge Mods
    • Doesn't really merge the mods, but the idea is it instead makes the mods act like a single mod from your perspective. Only needing to be selected once to enable them all. Could be used for say combining all the civilizations from a single person, or all mods of a certain type. Can be separated easily by clicking the merged mod and separating them, or in options it'll have a check mark for show merged mods.
Problems:
  • Needs to be better optimized in places.
Things I want to add I can only phrase as questions:
I have too many lists created. How do I delete them all?
Go to "*\Documents\my games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\ModUserData", and delete "DY_NewModSelectScreen-X.db" when the game reloads it'll recreate everything.
Download:
Drop the folder in this zip file in "*/Steam\SteamApps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization V\Assets\DLC"
Named the file wrong this is not a new version. More like 1.1

Attachments

• UI_PSMS(v2).zip
    13.7 KB · Views: 482
Persistent Saving mod lists
So what I mean by that from a use point of view is you enable the mods you want in the list, and click the "Save" button. You'll get a popup about what to name the list, and it's tooltip. After that click ok, and a new list has been created in the drop down which can be accessed at anytime which will enable all mods in the list in the order you enabled them in.

Thanks....I look forward to trying this out. It's a pain in the ass to wade through a long list of mods to enable just the ones I want. I've been looking for a way to save different "mod sets" that could be recalled depending on what I wanted to play. This sounds like just the ticket.

Thanks....I look forward to trying this out. It's a pain in the ass to wade through a long list of mods to enable just the ones I want. I've been looking for a way to save different "mod sets" that could be recalled depending on what I wanted to play. This sounds like just the ticket.

Yeah, Pix n'Mix mods are pain in the ass, when you want to switch to 34 civ dll

Update:

• Mod Details now loads faster.
  • Added sort by Authors.
  • Sort methods that aren't title will also sort by title after sorting by their type.

Screenshot of new Authors Sort:
Spoiler :

After creating 4 modlists, whenever i select one that isnt the newest modlist it selects the newest modlist! I can only access the newest modlist! how do i fix it?

After creating 4 modlists, whenever i select one that isnt the newest modlist it selects the newest modlist! I can only access the newest modlist! how do i fix it?

For the record, replacing line 1179 of InstalledPanel.lua with
Code:
for row in NMSS.Query("SELECT * FROM [DY_SaveModLists] WHERE ID = " .. id) do
seems to fix it, further verification pending.

Spooky necromancer raising the dead etc etc

Top Bottom