Am I doing something wrong?

jdolan98

Chieftain
i play on emperor difficulty and i've been having this problem where i keep getting killed in the early game, like before the Medieval Era. They "covet lands i own" (I only have my capital) what am i doing wrong? this happens EVERY GAME

Without more information, the best I can say is to have a stronger military, not only will it stop you from being wiped out, but it will help deter any attackers, or move down a difficulty level (unless you can give the King AI a right smacking every time).

I can compete in score etc, Its just EVERYONE HATES me for some reason, I dont demand tribute from an Allied CS, i dont denounce them, i just play then get attacked, it's usually not to the point of killing me i can defend it just gets annoying AF having to rebuild >_<

Like deity12 said, having a stronger military will deter them from attacking. Listen to your military advisor :)

...or you can just accept the war, beat them down and take their shinies. That's much more fun :)

I can compete in score etc, Its just EVERYONE HATES me for some reason, I dont demand tribute from an Allied CS, i dont denounce them, i just play then get attacked, it's usually not to the point of killing me i can defend it just gets annoying AF having to rebuild >_<

If you are ahead in score, you either have most of the wonders (they are overweighted in score) or you've expanded too quickly and too widely. In either case you've probably neglected your military, as others have noted (dying before Medieval is a good clue).

Solutions: quit wonder-whoring, don't expand whilly-nilly, and make sure you have adequate military.

Top Bottom