Additional Techs Idea.... Archaeology (and such)

tastybrain

Chieftain
Well, i'm thinking about adding these techs to my mod but i thought i'd throw the idea out to everyone and see what good ideas anyone could think of. Basically, the idea came from the Noah's Ark wonder by Ukas. What could you possibly use it for. That got me thinking. Maybe you don't have to build the wonder, but discover it!

The bible says that the ark came to rest on mount Ararat which has been searched a number of times but no decisive evidence has ever been found that a large ship was there. Who knows, maybe they dismantled it for firewood....

Anyway, I figured there could be at least three new techs associated with Archaeology all linked to Scientific Method in this order:

Antiquarianism
to
Archaeology
to
Scientific Method
to
Paleontology

Antiquarianism could feature an improvement of some sort (ideas anyone?) like a Freak Show that acted as a Circus or some other happiness modifier.

Archaeology would entail a number of historical wonders that could be excavated to give research bonuses or create museums in every city depending on the actual archaeological site. Noah's Ark, The Holy Grail, The Terra Cotta Army all come to mind though i'm sure there are many other possibles.

Paleontology is another option. It could feature Dinosaur Exhibits that increase research etc..

Is this a totally useless idea or does anyone think it's worth pursuing? What else could be included or added to it???

It's not a bad idea, but how would it effect factions who are competing for global dominance in some form? You would have to add many Wonders that are pro-culture. The problem then is that there would be a large bias towards culture, as well as the fact that there are many more reasonable techs that could be used to achieve this. If you should add this, I would recommend considering to include them as optional for era advancement.

Top Bottom