Simple questions, simple answers

What will happen if I trade luxuries and gold per turn for a city and I lose one of my luxuries? Yes, I am playing dirty.:) It is quite obvius (I hope so) that the AI won't get its city back, but I'm curious about the other luxuries and gold. Will this act cancel the other outgoing luxuries or do I have to declare war?

Depends on your founder belief, some are very strong if you get a lot of cities/citizens following you religion (Tithe especially is very powerful). Doing so also prevents your opponents from getting their founder bonuses, so even if you don't have a great founder your opponent might, and denial of that can be important.

In addition to the ones listed by Seek:
- a substantial tourism bonus for shared religion
- easier time getting it as the world religion for even more tourism and delegates
- enhancer bonuses like Just War

Thanks! :)

Can Great Admirals be purchased using faith?

I possess the Reformation Believe "To the Glory of God", but I am unable to purchase Great Admirals in any of my cities, including coastal ones. I am able to purchase ALL other Great Persons, however. Must I own a harbor or seaport or something like that?

The Civilopedia says nothing about my question, of course.

Many thanks.

NOTE: The Great Admiral is not grouped with the other Great Persons; I should have scrolled down the list of things to buy within the city screen.

While I'm on the topic, purchasing Great Persons as Sweden for the diplo victory is incredibly powerful. Especially if the city-states already demand certain Great Persons.

Why do barbarians in Emperor difficulty ignore my unprotected settler?

Are there any "units killed" stats like there are in civ4? Wondering just how much did the honor finisher help me in a war.

I never open the Exploration tree and I have a question about the finisher. Does the social policy reveal more hidden antiquity sites than the technology archeology? If there are no more additional hidden sites, I dont see the purpose of picking the finisher because I cant build archeologist until I discover the tech first.

I never open the Exploration tree and I have a question about the finisher. Does the social policy reveal more hidden antiquity sites than the technology archeology? If there are no more additional hidden sites, I dont see the purpose of picking the finisher because I cant build archeologist until I discover the tech first.

Yes, another bunch appear on the map visible only to the Civ's that have unlocked the policy as far as I've seen. They get a blue antiquity icon. The number remaining of the normal and hidden is somewhere on the culture information screen.

As Melvin has indicated there are a further number that may only be visible to you if you are the first finisher. This can be helpful if you have empty slots- if you don't you can still make sites within your territory.

There are fewer "hidden" sites than there are "normal" sites.

What will happen if I trade luxuries and gold per turn for a city and I lose one of my luxuries? Yes, I am playing dirty.:) It is quite obvius (I hope so) that the AI won't get its city back, but I'm curious about the other luxuries and gold. Will this act cancel the other outgoing luxuries or do I have to declare war?

I'm pretty sure you just suffer a happiness penalty or something

Did they remove Vilnius from Poland's city list before release? I know it was present in early screens (causing a bit of controversy), but I can't seem to find it in the game files. Seems like they did remove it, but I'd like to be sure it's not just me.

What makes religious pressure flow along some trade routes and not others?

Why do barbarians in Emperor difficulty ignore my unprotected settler?

It's apparently a bug. It will be fixed (hopefully) in the next patch.

Q: If all 5 religions are taken, and you just made the hagia sophia (when you didn't have a religion). Would it even spawn? What can you even do with it?

I understand if the city is within "normal" religious pressure (ten hexes) the religion will not spread via trade route. (Just confirmed with Civpedia).

Correct. Cities in normal pressure range are already getting pressure from your city and trade routes will not provide double pressure (except if you are playing Arabia, in which case they do).

It's based on the era you're in. Each new era gives you 1 more via land or 2 more via ship.

Not correct.

Land starts at 4 and only gets 1 more per era starting with Industrial.

Sea start at 7 or 8 (not at my game computer at the moment so can't check) and gets 1 more per era immediately.

It's apparently a bug. It will be fixed (hopefully) in the next patch.

Q: If all 5 religions are taken, and you just made the hagia sophia (when you didn't have a religion). Would it even spawn? What can you even do with it?

A Great Prophet will still spawn, and you can settle it for a Holy Site. Maybe if your city already has a religion from someone else, you can use the GP to spread that Religion.

I'm still having problems to get the civs from G&K into BNW. Is there a possibility to change it without steam and get them inside BNW? Because I've got both games installed but the G&K civs won't appear in my dlc.

Top Bottom