The Art of Forward Settling (lets see yours)

Hehe :)

Attachments

• forward settling.jpg
    forward settling.jpg
    282.5 KB · Views: 2,339
I absolutely love starting next to Venice. He can whine all he wants about me settling near him, but he'll never compete, so I can always grab up easy luxes and good land off of him. Is it bad to take advantage of the blind man? =)

Haha. Hope you're ready to buy some tiles so Venice doesn't culture-growth landlock you.

lol, had to buy about 5 tiles before he DoW'd me. Ironic, you can demand that Venice not settle cities near you :)
The moment he DoW'd me I cleaned him and his CS puppet off the map. Funny thing is that half the civs didn't care at all that I wiped him out.

I find it funny to capture Venice but leave him with his puppet cities that he can't annex. :D

And of course the AI fails at it...

I have no idea why lizzy settled there. Maybe the same thing that makes her such hostile individual makes her settle in dumb places...

Attachments

• Eng_fail.jpg
    Eng_fail.jpg
    264.1 KB · Views: 1,050

I have no idea why lizzy settled there. Maybe the same thing that makes her such hostile individual makes her settle in dumb places...

I don't see why that is so awful.

I don't see why that is so awful.

Huh ? There is zero lux, its not on a hill and not on a mountain, and just 3-4 tiles to the west you can put a coastal city on a hill, next to mountain with Wales bonus ...

Oh, you mean "Venice " cannot puppet other cities than Venice? I guess it is possible.

lol, had to buy about 5 tiles before he DoW'd me. Ironic, you can demand that Venice not settle cities near you :)
The moment he DoW'd me I cleaned him and his CS puppet off the map. Funny thing is that half the civs didn't care at all that I wiped him out.

Regarding city settling, I'm pretty sure taking city-states via MoV is interpreted as settling a city when you do it, so I suspect that's what the demand would be for (don't steal a CS near me).

With the original screenshot: When I saw that my first thought was that, if I were Venice, that would be a great free city for me. However, since the human player settled it, the free city was Venice for Germany.

I can nearly guarantee that if you fast forward to modern era, you will find either aluminum, coal or uranium within Nottingham's territory. The AI seems to know where these resources will appear and will settle in these apparently silly locations to get them before they are on the map. The fact it's right by a CS almost makes it a forgone conclusion that there will be resources there. That's why I like settling near a CS... the likelihood of getting aluminum, coal, oil or uranium drastically increases compared to a random spot on the map.

Did you have bronze working researched? They will drop cities near iron, which you won't see unless you have the tech researched.

Off-topic: 0/4 Trade Routes? Come on, get those up and running :)

Cheers.

I can nearly guarantee that if you fast forward to modern era, you will find either aluminum, coal or uranium within Nottingham's territory. The AI seems to know where these resources will appear and will settle in these apparently silly locations to get them before they are on the map. The fact it's right by a CS almost makes it a forgone conclusion that there will be resources there. That's why I like settling near a CS... the likelihood of getting aluminum, coal, oil or uranium drastically increases compared to a random spot on the map.

There was nothing there at all.

It was a crappy city in a crappy location and made a crappy puppet after show DoW'd me.

Top Bottom