NESLife attempt #3

You could have some colossal catastrophe annihilate almost all life (snowball Earth/Delta Panzerus perhaps?) and then change the rules. :)

Alignment with a GRB shot from very close could maybe do it very quickly?

Interesting... you're making creatures out of the pieces shown on the right, or are those things on the right simply primitive creatures?

It's a funky style- how'd you do it?

If you pick through the creatures on the right, you can find the components on the left. It's a pretty neat way to build a bunch of unique critters out of a few stock parts.

And presumably a fair bit quicker then drawing them all individually? Nice work Daft :)

Thanks, yes I wanted to share a shiny new thing™ and didn't want to spam up the New NES Development thread :)

The idea is pictures would be made up of components like those on the left in the picture. So instead of drawing whole new creatures, I would be adding re-usable components, which would be faster. I think evolution games really need speed, which is what NESLife3 soon failed at... I guess it still wouldn't work too well for advanced creatures though.

Those graphics were all hand-drawn be me fairly quickly, which is why it looks wierd. If I could steal some biological sprites that would be cool too, I'm going to search on the Spriters Resource site :)

tbh, i'd love this even if it only got one update a year.

I had such long plans for my current creature :/

???????????????????????

I will simply state that I am Pro-NESLife.

Top Bottom