Bug reports

I have been playing around some with the fix and as far as I can tell it is working. I will try to publish it when I get home tonight.

Just a headsup: Have you checked how the No Ship behaves under your patch? When the devs originally borked wartime espionage it was due to a fix to prevent the No Ship from targeting cities which they felt was overpowered.

I have not tried that. I seldom play that far. I can try to add some from the world builder.

It is probably broken then.

I tried them and you can attack cities, but I do not consider that a problem.

No ship are very late game has only 12 in strength and you may only have three of them. In my test 5 no ship failed to take a city with one missile trooper and two master guardsmen.

Just a headsup: Have you checked how the No Ship behaves under your patch? When the devs originally borked wartime espionage it was due to a fix to prevent the No Ship from targeting cities which they felt was overpowered.

It wasn't that we felt that No Ships were overpowered. There was a bug in that the No Ship could move into the city and displace all defending units from their city, by which I mean that all the defending units would suddenly appear in a tile next to the city. From memory this was due to No Ship being an invisible combat unit. I don't think the vanilla code was set up for invisible combat units to be able to move into cities when at war.

From the 1.9.7 Patch notes:
+ No Ship can no longer move into tile with a unit that it is at war with - it may only attack. Also No Ship may no longer enter unguarded cities if you are at war with the owner. This is to prevent weird behaviour with units jumping to a new position.

It is worth testing these scenarios with the new fix.

By the way, good work with the fixes Folket. I may find the time to package a new release at some point.

But if the citie has not unit to guard her, what are the units which being moved by the no-ship ?

But if the citie has not unit to guard her, what are the units which being moved by the no-ship ?

I guess I must have meant non-combat units Settlers, Workers, etc.

When I tried the no ship it just attacked the defenders. Perhaps if I plant a noship in the city before I declare war there is a problem.

I tried the no ships. You can't capture cities with them but you may attack any kill units in them. It seems to be the way you wanted them to work so I will leave them as that.

The installer doesn't create a shortcut for the Dune Wars and I can't run it from the Mod Menu in the game (it shows multiple errors). The only way I can start the mode is to reinstall it and then select "Run Dune Wars" at the and of the installation. That is quite annoying. Could you please give me the instruction on creating a shortcut manually? Or at least the way to run the mode without a shortcut?

The installer doesn't create a shortcut for the Dune Wars and I can't run it from the Mod Menu in the game (it shows multiple errors). The only way I can start the mode is to reinstall it and then select "Run Dune Wars" at the and of the installation. That is quite annoying. Could you please give me the instruction on creating a shortcut manually? Or at least the way to run the mode without a shortcut?

You can create a shortcut manually for mods. Set the target of the shortcut to, for example:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization IV Beyond the Sword\Beyond the Sword\Civ4BeyondSword.exe" "mod=\Dune Wars"

The name of the mod in the second set of quotes needs to match the name of the mod folder exactly.

Top Bottom