JEELEN's Scenarios & Maps

What will be the civs that you place....

I think that people are too focused on middle ages that are a period with a lot religious intolerance...

Because i have family formerly italian and emigrated in France in 1920-30s

So Italia is formerly the big Roman Empire urban center...

In fact the two empires which most please/fascine - me fascinent le plus in french- are Roman and Carolingian Empires...

So 110 AD or 800 AD

The challenge should be continuate through the Ages these two empires to a victory...

When i think that if Julius Caesar has not been assassinated, he went to make war campaign against the Parthians :eek: I dont think how History should be turned ?

I've got the map set for 55 AD, Epic speed. What civs should be in? How about this:
1. Roman empire*
2. Parthian empire
3. Kushan empire (aka White Huns, if I'm not mistaken)
4. (Later) Han empire
5. Germanic Tribes
6. Slavic Tribes
7. Baltic Tribes
8. Armenia
9. Meroe
10. Axum
11. Yemeni
12. Andhra
13. Magadha
14. Tibet
15. T(h)ai
16. Huns
17. Yamato

and some barbarians (Scandinavia, Scots, Irish, Africans, Precolumbians, Native Americans, Inuit, Tamil, desert tribes, Polynesians, Maori, etc.).

* I'm thinking about representing the Jewish War and the year of the 4 emperors, being around 69-70 AD (which would be turn 1) in some way - but haven't thought this out yet.

I think that people are too focused on middle ages that are a period with a lot religious intolerance...

Only in Christendom.

In fact the two empires which most please/fascine - me fascinent le plus in french- are Roman and Carolingian Empires...

When i think that if Julius Caesar has not been assassinated, he went to make war campaign against the Parthians :eek: I dont think how History should be turned ?

IMO Charlemagne was an historical accident - albeit an inspiring one -, whereas Caesar's murder was not. The assassination was precisely planned before Caesar would leave Rome again to campaign against the Parthians. (Also, because of his clemency, there were plenty of conspirators around...) It is doubtful however if Caesar would have been victorious, given his - and Roman - inexperience with Parthian cavalry tactics. Even Alexander the Great had the greatest difficulty campaigning against the Centralasian horseback riding tribes of Northern Persia. (One should also keep in mind that following the opinion of a military historian - if I remember correctly - that a Macedonian phalanx force would have annihilated a Roman legionary force of equal size. Now there's a historical what if...) Alexander's Seleucid successors eventually lost all to... the Parthians. In a similar way Charlemagne's successors divided the empire he forged - also in three parts.

I agree with you finally :) For both

Just to let you know that 750 AD for BTS has reached 600+ downloads!

@Lachlan: You're welcome and thx! (I was just thinking out loud while viewing the map you linked to. I have some more detailed ones myself, but not for the whole world and Ethiopia/Southern Arabia are ill represented on most of them.);)

Status report

Did a recount (forgot 1st player=team zero), so there are 18 civs:

1. Roman empire
2. Parthian empire
3. Kushan empire
4. Later Han empire DONE
5. Germanic Tribes
6. Scythians
7. Celtic Tribes
8. Armenia
9. Meroë
10. Axum
11. Yemeni (Himyarites) DONE
12. Andhra DONE
13. Satavahana
14. Southern Xiongnu
15. Northern Xiongnu
16. Dacia
17. Yamato
18. Maya

and some barbarians.

TO DO:

- edit map IN PROGRESS
- edit advances/religions IN PROGRESS
- check diplomacy IN PROGRESS
- playtest

Current status: editing the map. More news by tomorrow!;)

17 or 18 civs map :confused:

Keep working, i will start a new 1000 BC game ;)

It's an 18-civ map, so I added the Maya. (I forgot the 1st team i.e player is listed as team zero, making the last team/pleam no. 17, but the total = ofcourse 18...) :mischief:

Keep playing!;)

PS: BTW, do you like the TAM mod?

EDIT: I updated the Status Report 2 posts back.

Status report

1. Roman empire DONE
2. Parthian empire DONE
3. Kushan empire DONE
4. Later Han empire DONE
5. Germanic Tribes DONE
6. Scythians DONE
7. Celtic Tribes DONE
8. Armenia DONE
9. Meroë DONE
10. Axum DONE
11. Himyarites DONE
12. Andhra DONE
13. Satavahana DONE
14. Southern Xiongnu DONE
15. Northern Xiongnu DONE
16. Dacia DONE
17. Yamato DONE
18. Maya DONE

and some barbarians. DONE

TO DO:

- edit map DONE
- edit advances/religions DONE
- check diplomacy DONE
- playtest.

More news by tomorrow!;)

TAM mod was nice but it was only the Mediterranean Sea ;)

I think that have the entire Earth should be a must have :)

Well, it's under construction! (I've updated the Status Report 2 post back.);)

EDIT: Beta version finished! Tomorrow: playtesting (and, with any luck, release);)

Just uploaded::goodjob:

50 AD for BTS

Presenting at 55 AD on a Huge Worldmap:

1. Roman empire
2. Parthian empire
3. Kushan empire
4. Later Han empire
5. Germanic Tribes
6. Scythians
7. Celtic Tribes
8. Armenia
9. Meroë
10. Axum
11. Himyarites
12. Andhra
13. Magadha
14. Southern Xiongnu
15. Northern Xiongnu
16. Dacia
17. Yamato
18. Maya

and some barbarians.

After a suggestion by Lachlan;)

Download here: http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?file&id=8498

Enjoy!:D

Attachments

• The Han have virtually united all of China0000.JPG
    The Han have virtually united all of China0000.JPG
    200.6 KB · Views: 137
Nous allons voir / Lets we see ;)

Finally its arrived :)

I playtested the Roman Empire of Nero

- too few units in empire...
Adding few defensive units should be all indicated...
And more legions in the east in purpose to invade Mesopotamia should be welcome...

- Because an empire who fully expand is generally very powerful...

- Perhap impeach cities to be razed

- And perhap also to set speed on marathon...

The start of 50 AD is a few pain for me, Roman Empire is not as powerfull as i expected...

Feel free to improve it :)

Remember that we can make things as in history because the game is pretty limited, we can not set the game like in a period of history wanted...

I continue with 50 AD

I playtested the Roman Empire of Nero

- too few units in empire...
Adding few defensive units should be all indicated...
And more legions in the east in purpose to invade Mesopotamia should be welcome...

- Because an empire who fully expand is generally very powerful...

- Perhap impeach cities to be razed

- And perhap also to set speed on marathon...

The start of 50 AD is a few pain for me, Roman Empire is not as powerfull as i expected...

Feel free to improve it :)

Thank you, Lachlan!

About the Empire: I placed Praetorian units based on army camps (virtually 1 on 1), adding only a few on the Parthian and Meroëvite borders; these should represent the Legions, i.e. actual military presence. (Remember: Rome starts only at war with Parthia & Meroë - the Jewish War was an unexpected event, as was the Parthian war, which was started because the Parthians invaded Armenia.) Most Roman cities didn't have military or garrison, except in case of an emergency.

:please: Please report back on your progress with the empire! (I'll consider it an extensive playtest for upgrade purposes, as I haven't had time to test it very long myself, just to see if it works alright.)

I thought about disabling City Razing, but it's currently enabled: which cities got razed precisely? (If they are important/strategic cities I'll disable City Razing in v. 1.1)*

I'll think about suggesting Marathon speed, but you can set the speed at the level you prefer.;)

* I also thought about implementing the Year of the Four Emperors (69/70 AD that is, as there were more), but this means adding an extra civ, dividing the empire between Vespasian and the other pretenders. (Alternatively the pretenders could be barbarian, but then they might become prey to the Germanic Tribes, maybe...)

To be honest it seems that all cities are only 1,2 or 3...

Cities 1 should be 2, 2 -> 4 and 3 -> 9...

Because Rome has been have 750.000 habitants in 50 AD above

Roman Empire have had an hyper-capital while the rest of Empire has been under peopled... ("Sous-peuplé" in english = ? I will chek this)

To be honest it seems that all cities are only 1,2 or 3...

That's quite true - I didn't want Rome or Han to be too powerful.

Cities 1 should be 2, 2 -> 4 and 3 -> 9...

Because Rome has been have 750.000 habitants in 50 AD above

True again (there are actually estimates giving Rome a population of 1 million around that time); I haven't given much attention to the historic populations of the cities, only considered their relative size. A problem with this is that I know some estimates of Roman cities and perhaps some Chinese city, but none of the others. I will so some research on this however and adjust city sizes in an upgrade. Considering the 1st upload version 1, this will then be version 1.1.;)(But increasing all cities exponentially - as you are proposing - will favour Rome and China even more - as they control the most cities -, making this, I'm afraid, a rather dull scenario from a gameplay point of view. So it's actually rather a complex issue.)

I'm actually more interested in your gameplay experience, however. Could you make some progress reports of your game? O rare you finished already?:confused:

Top Bottom