Just started RomAnd, having lots of fun

bryanw1995

Emperor
So, somehow, I got into Civ5 when it first came and and thus missed all of the Rom and AND stuff. I finally had some time for some civ4/5/BE gaming the past few days, and I must say that RomAnd is pretty awesome.

I've had a couple of snags during an entire playthrough, but nothing that I couldn't get around. One time I was unable to hit enter to end my turns, the workers would just sit there regardless of the instructions I gave them and the flashing "hit alt+cntl+O" stayed obstinately in place. I reloaded from an earlier save and stopped all espionage activity, and that problem has not returned after another 6 hrs of play today.

Perhaps on a related note, I'm now in the modern era and getting a "no gp icon for unity 347" notice on my notices display at the top of the screen. At least this one is not causing any game-stopping activity. Are these typical bugs? Are they potentially game-breaking, just annoying, etc?

What revision did you pick up?

Never seen anything about those first two, or the "No gp icon" thing, but the Customize AND! message not going away has come up for me from time to time, not sure what causes it or what makes it go away. Since it's a BUG Option, saving twice and then reloading should clear it - since BUG Options have that odditiy.

Revision 978, I just downloaded it a couple of days ago from the big download thread here in the forums.

It's good to know that the "issue" was a BUG issue and isn't that uncommon. It's been many years since I played civ 4, and now that I think about it, that sort of issue was not uncommon.

Top Bottom