Updated AND 2.1 Mega Civ Pack

Status
Not open for further replies.
45°38'N-13°47'E;13615713 said:
Sogroon, may I ask how do you decide such changes? They're perfectly fine with me but I'd like to understand if you decided them on your own, if you've found similar changes in the original MCP files or what. Just curious; I'm starting to work a bit to help you on MCP and I wanted to make sure I'm using the same general principles you're using. Thank you.
My principles? I'm trying to use the ones I observed in Vokarya's work :)

Well, I always start with reading the background of the UU, UB and try to understand why had those bonus on the first place.
I don't change anything just "because I can" but not afraid to change anything, since we can change them later as needed.
For example:
For the Grenzer I decreased the cost and strength, because the background suggests that it is a not so professional military unit and it's only difference is +50% against other rifleman.

So altogether I think a UU or UB has to be better than the on it is replacing.

45°38'N-13°47'E;13615800 said:
Indonesia to Khazaria are done, I just need dbkblk to allow me to upload.

Still, I'd like to know what are we planning to do with UB and UU. Should they all cost the same that the base default unit/building? And what about commerce/gold/strenght/etc? Should they always be the same as default? I ask because I think I've noticed that some base UB/UU of AND have different values compared to default units/buildings (see Knight/Cataphract/Camel Archer for example).
I really believe that anything can be changed in a UU/UB, just keep the main characteristics.
E.g in MCP sometimes the difference is just that it is cheaper.

Hey, I've been gone for Christmas, but I'm back now. I'll probably do another batch today and figure out how to commit them :p. I've been working in a similar manner to Sogroon. I start by reading the background, and make changes when they feel necessary.

@Sogroon & @Randomness

I've updated every civ from Indonesia to Polynesia. I've mostly checked required/obsolete techs, changed buildings according to our last revision (Obelisk->Standing Stone, Colosseum->Arena and so on), added missing tags (custom house, for example) and balanced some units in terms of cost or strenght (small changes anyway) because they had other bonuses. I think I can go on a bit more in the next days; if I don't get access from dbkblk (he might be away), I'll send you a zip with all my changes to download, so that you can push them in the MCP repository. :)

Well, I don't feel like fussing with Github right now, so I'll just upload my changes here and let someone else do it [emoji14]

Sweden through Yemen work and are hopefully balanced. I didn't keep a log of the changes, but for the most part I kept things the same.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/hayrdrbfnm1wah8/Custom Civs.zip?dl=0
OK, I think sogroon can take care of the uploading. I can take care of civs from Scotland to south Africa. We're almost done.

@45: sorry, i was away for some days. It seems you already have the access to the repo !

Edit: the access is allowed for you for some months as i planned to convince maska to move to github. Afforess, has it too. If you have errors, try to use the official github desktop client and don't forget to use the following adress to commit: https://github.com/dbkblk/civ4_and2_civmegapack.git

@45: sorry, i was away for some days. It seems you already have the access to the repo !

Edit: the access is allowed for you for some months as i planned to convince maska to move to github. Afforess, has it too. If you have errors, try to use the official github desktop client and don't forget to use the following adress to commit: https://github.com/dbkblk/civ4_and2_civmegapack.git

Sorry dbkblk, I was having problems committing so I thought I wasn't enabled to; it was probably caused by the fact that I've installed 2 different clients on top of each other. It looks like it's working now. Thank you again. :)

New update:

Updated civs from Indonesia to Polynesia, updated Fascist-->Despotism civic for all civs, removed Fascist from DynamicCivNames.py, changed Colosseum-->Arena for all civs and Obelisk-->Standing Stone for all civs

For all civs, I only corrected Colosseum-->Arena and Obelisk-->Standing Stone references, I didn't check actual features for those buildings except for the Indonesia-Polynesia civs.

@Randomness, I've downloaded your files but it looks like you were using an outdated revision of MCP; there are a lot of tags missing in the xml files; no worries, I think I can use your updates anyway. :)

45°38'N-13°47'E;13617493 said:
@Randomness, I've downloaded your files but it looks like you were using an outdated revision of MCP; there are a lot of tags missing in the xml files; no worries, I think I can use your updates anyway. :)

Sorry, I had two version on my computer and I must have gotten them mixed up. The files ran with the current version of AND though.

Benin
===========

Urhokpota (Courthouse)
add Magistrate slot

Yoruba horseman (Knight --> Horseman)
replases Horseman, not Knight
upgrades to Horse archer and Rider

Brazil
===========

Estadio de Futbol (Opera hause --> Stadium)
replaces Stadium, not Operahouse
kept the free Celeb
now same price as the replaced building

Bulgarian
===========

Chitalishte (Library)
science bonus down to 15% from 20% (as Library)

Konnik (Horse archer --> Horseman)
upgrades to Horse archer and Rider

Burma
===========

Paya (Observatory --> Scriptorium)
replaces Scriptorium, not Observatory
replace +1Traderoute with +15% gold

Mon Warrior
upgrades to Axeman too (as Warrior does)

Canada
===========

Hockey Rink (Opera hause --> Stadium)
replaces Stadium, not Operahouse
kept the free Celeb
kept the +5% maintanance, but cost down to 250 from 300

Mountie (Cavalry --> Mounted rifleman)
replaces Mounted rifleman, not Cavalry (its bakround and +50% City Deffence makes it ideal for the change)

Champa
===========

Menara (Castle --> Scriptorium)
replaces Scriptorium, not Castle
+20% deffense
no free priest

I had a hard time with this building to decide what to do with it. Finally I came to the conclusion to change the building class from castle to scriptorium, for two reasons: 1. Menara is a tower of a temple, so it is rather a religious building than a fort. 2. We have a lot of castle replecemants.

Spear elephant (War elephant)
update tech requirement

Chile
===========

Carabiniers (Machine gun)
update stats

Chola
===========

no change

Note: the Kallarani's model suggests thatit is a swordsman unit, but it is a maceman replacement. However I left it untuched. What do you think? Shold we change it?

Colombia
===========

(I see nothing to change)

Congo
===========

Croatia
===========

Mechanized Guard Brigade (Mechanized Infantry)
update upgrades

Cuba
===========

Mambise (Cavalry)
update stats and upgrade

Czech
===========

Hussite infuntry (Arqebusier)
update upgrade

Denmark
===========

Manor House (Castle)
update stats

Dinnehih
===========

45°38'N-13°47'E;13618014 said:
Romania to South Africa are also updated. Sogroon, which civ are you currently at? I could do some more if needed (I'll leave Hungary to you anyway ;) ).

Etruscans to Hurrians (9 civs) are left. I already started looking into them, but was too tired for more editing last night. I want to finish them tonight, if that is okay for you too.

Note:
I have made some "drastic" changes (changing replacement classes or extending UU's lifetime) but I am okay with undoing any change if that's the will of the majority.

45°38'N-13°47'E;13618422 said:
Uh, you're right, I'll correct this when I have some time. Still trying to understand how git is working

Git is like you're branching every change you make. You can commit locally how many changes you want. Then you need to push it to the server and every commit will be merged with the server's files.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom