Pre-ChaNES: Into the Void

I'd take European Soyuz.

Nixon State

Earth Time: 23rd July 2129, 02:21 PM (EPT)

It had been weeks. There were shows about it. Celebrations in the street. Was he about to burst their bubble? Yes, yes he was.

Once again he stood up to the podium. "Ahehe. L-ladies and gentlemen. <swallow> I know several weeks ago I announced we would become a free state." Experts in body language were already getting angry.

"We are not going to follow the example of Europe. We are in fact going to ah stay under the rule of the United Staes of America." The resentment from the crowd could be felt in the air.

Haselton timidly slank back towards his room.

06:56 PM

He'd got it wrong. There'd be know way he'd stay governor now. He'd be removed and replaced. But before that, he'd be hated by everyone. Protest violence would increase, especially against American immigrants.

Empty bottles that once contained alcoholic drinks littered his office. He staggered towards the bathroom. He opened his medicine cabinate and groped for his stress pills.

24th July 2129, 07:00 AM

"Good morning, I'm Julianne Eisenstein. Your watching the Morning News. Our top story is that Governor Neil Haselton, seen here at a dinner with his wife, raising money for disadvantaged children, has been found dead in his home in Nixon State. We now go to Marcie Zollner, at the scene."

"Thank you Juli. I'm standing outside Haselton's home, where his body was found by a cleaner two hours ago. It appears Haselton took too many of his stress pills and suffered a fatal overdose. I'm here with political commintator, Guy Mailman, with his take on avents. Mr. Mailman, do you have any idea what caused him to do this?"

"I can only guess it was uh the resentment he would of got over his announcement yesterday that he was renouncing his Decleration of Independance. In fact, police had to suppress many people in Bush state yesterday after a violent attack on an immigrant."

"I see, and who do think will replace Haselton?"

"Umm, well, for the moment, governorship will revert go back to US rule, but I expect in they will install Clinton Charlie, a staunch Americanist, one who does not have such independant views."

"Thank Mr. Mailman. Haselton's widow, Malinda, was unavailable for comment."
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
OOC: Well, there goes patriotism up excrement creek. But this is more intresting.

Governor Hu Zhuang and the Presidium of Xiaoping wish to state their unwavering loyalty to the People's Republic of China and also laugh in unity at the "progressive" Americans & Europeans.

lurker's comment: Are they fully updated? Because I still can't see the Russian colonies. Possibly some others, too. Or do they only get to have stats at some later point?

EDIT: That said, expressing tentative interest in Damen.

OOC: I spent good turns there turning it into a bastion of loyalty to the Party and to China das, I hope you don't disappoint (like that time you were a reactionary China) ;)

lurker's comment: Did I disappoint you then? Anyway, don't worry, I have nothing short of the most Alexian intentions for it. Well, maybe not quite.

lurker's comment: Did I disappoint you then? Anyway, don't worry, I have nothing short of the most Alexian intentions for it. Well, maybe not quite.

OOC: I had expected you to be a lot more evil as the reactionary China :p

lurker's comment: There were no good opportunities for thematically-appropriate evil.

Damen looks like a star system of opportunity to me, though. ;)

das, you're most welcome aboard! :)
Why don't you send me a PM with your ideas for Damen? I really want a player there, but no system is more critical to the future Chinese star empire... ;)

I'd prefer it if you and alex994 were to send me any interesting information first; it will make planning easier, though I do have some tentative ideas. Anyway, it looks like I will take Damen (as opposed to merely stating a tentative interest in it).

Charles, as far as I'm concerned you're welcome to either of those two. Just pick your favorite.

I'm glad to see some new players. For the record, new players should just get an 'okay' from the nation they want to govern under, and after that they can send orders. I'm not setting a deadline yet, so that more player have a chance to join, and so I can finish up some preliminary work.

Regarding the lack of certain colonies in the stats, I should clarify. Colonies that have very small populations will have geographical stats, but not political stats. Both of Russia's colonies fall into this category, and so there's no point to giving Russia its own colonial entry this turn - its stats as a nation include everything that needs to be shown about it.

Two questions, actually:

1. Is there any preference as to what colony I should govern?
2. Could I see a sample set of orders for a governership?

Two questions, actually:

1. Is there any preference as to what colony I should govern?
2. Could I see a sample set of orders for a governership?

You'd have to ask one of the players for the answer to that first question, and you'd have to ask a charitable governor for an affirmative response to that second one. ;)

and so there's no point to giving Russia its own colonial entry this turn
OOC: Until stated otherwise, there's no point in applying to govern them either. By the by:

Chinese Stats said:
Planets Occupied: Mercury (Partial), Earth (Partial), Mars (Partial) [Sol]; Bacchus (Partial)
Bit out of date.

@Sym- You should have a response later today. Most of my worries are allayed. The only remaining detail is the implication that landing a single colony makes a system exclusively yours by default. We do not object to your claim on Zenit as much as we object to its implications in future colonization missions.

Welcome to Team Europa zxcvbnm!

The only remaining detail is the implication that landing a single colony makes a system exclusively yours by default. We do not object to your claim on Zenit as much as we object to its implications in future colonization missions.
OOC: Not really. Zenit is somewhat unique in that every other planet is just really unpleasant. I also think that problem is mostly covered by points 4 and 5 of the proposal, although I do believe the time has come for the drafting of certain basic laws regarding colonization, given the Space Treaty died a rather pathetic death well over a half-century ago and nothing has come up to replace it.

I have a few Qs, How do you spend 'points'? Also is most of this 'Domestic Stuff' increases instead of 'Spending Stuff' Increases?

OOC: You don't spend money, you just say what you want to do. You do not *spend* anything since we're still in the "pre-updates" Plus money usually gets sent back to the Center of the Universe :p

Top Bottom