An Island Race

I'm here but totally unmotivated. I feel bad I've let this slide but as you can see from the whole SG forum there is just something missing from civ5 that makes SGing less appealing. Or maybe its the map type and victory condition. I don't know.

If I get a chance to play this weekend I'll play a big set as I feel like it would be a waste of our time to not finish this game.

Maybe the thing to do is role up a new map and play a military heavy game and see if it rekindles some SG passion. Actually that not a totoally bad idea. I might think about this more.

I'm really sorry guys. I opend the save but I just can't find the drive to play the game. I'm pretty sure there is no way we wouldn't win this game if we finished it but I don't see that happening. I put this down to several factors. First it just doesn't seem like much fun to grind some cash out and hit enter for turn after turn. Secondly I think the limitations of Civ5 don't suit this map type as the low production is a killer when waiting for stuff to be built. There are also issues with Civ5 itself that I won't go into here.

However I have been playing and enjoying a few offline games recently. I put this down to relaxing with the game more than after it had first come out. I feel like I'm learning to play the game in a way that it suits and is thus more fun. For me it seems to be the pimped Tradition tree thats made the game more my style (I loved medium sized, Buearu empires in Civ4). Which is nice.

Anyway, what I'm saying is this game is dead. If anyone want to take the last save and play to any win they what then please do so. I'd even ask you to post a summery and pictures if you want (in spoilers please ;)).

I also want to announce a new SG I'm going to start called, "The Rise of Russia".

See you on the flip side :hatsoff:

EDIT: I would also like to say that this is no reflection on any of the players involved in this SG. I have as ever enjoyed playing with you and hope to do so again in the future.

Top Bottom