Botwawki 2.6

I KNEW IT! And they called me MAD, MAD!

...now to go hide.

The only question I want to ask is if New Panama will develop as an npc. I would hate to have made it an npc only for it to stay weak. My goal was to have a faction consisting of independence coastal settlements like how Greek was in the past.

Maritime Collective:
Spoiler :
Leader: Mayor Aerwyna Beckett (Scavenger)
Faction Trait: Industrious
Capital: Pensacola, FL (Urban Ruin)
Structures: Pumping/Purifying Water Station, Fortifications (2), Ammunition Convertor, Jail, Radio Tower, Market
Population: 380
Slaves: 0
Education: Oral
Food: 1,070 (+300)
Water: 1,570 (+400)
Energy: 0 (+0)
Tech Parts: 30
Scrap Parts: 800
Ammunition: 0
Fuel: 199
Military Equipment: 545 Low-Tech Melee Weapons, 25 High-Tech Melee Weapons, 115 1-H Guns, 120 2-H Guns, 55 Laser Weapons, 50 Plasma Weapons, 1 IFV, 1 Small Boat
Robots: 7 Mr. Gutsys
Military Skill: 8

Mayor’s Solution:
Spoiler :
Aerwyna Beckett agree that the use of gun hasn't been as effective as melee and decide to trade them to the merchant for the 3,200 Scrap Parts.

Order:
Spoiler :
Boat with 30 Low-Tech Melee Weapons will delivery 1000 scrap to New Panama to help them develop.

Building Orders:
Spoiler :
1 School
2 Fortifications (barb wire fences and a Casemate which will house our IFV for defensive purposes)

Two new radio radio show has appeared on Maritime Collective radio

Spoiler :
The Adventures of Wasteland Dan
Spoiler :
One man had a dream of bringing a small thing from the past to greet the kids of the wasteland. That man was Walter Corbendale. Ever since he was a little kid Walter grandfather would tell him of a time when kid enjoy these day time media characters that bring a smile to all the kids. He decide that when he was older to bring back what kids lost and came up with the idea of a rough and tough character call Dan would travel the dangerous wastelands to discover the unknowns of this new world. Walter pitched this idea to Aerwyna grandfather and father but both of them rejected the idea. This cartoon wouldn't really begin until Walter met Aerwyna and pitch her the idea. She accepted his idea and in a few months Walter got a cast of people from the society to help voice act the roles in his show. Now the stage is set for the know world to listen to Walter great work "The Adventures of Wasteland Dan".

True Church of the Citadel Radio
Spoiler :
The itinerant priest who created a True Church of the Citadel was give a radio show so as to pray and offering mass.

From the Brotherhood
To Sunshine Kingdom

We give but the most sincere apologies for the actions of our few radicals. Those responsible will be found and punished by us.

We would like to express our goodwill and and reaffirm our mission statement in the Sunshine Wastelands. We, of the Brotherhood have formed to safeguard and protect the inhabitants of this lands, from whatever monstrosities of the Bombs that threatened them. It is saddening whenever our members lose sight of this noble goal and target innocents.

As an apology, please accept this 10 Protectrons that we found in the wastelands. Our people have no need for this many robots. In addition, our warriors are willing to accompany your people on the quest to determine what has happened to the people of Vault 40.

In addition, we will put forward all our efforts on the purge of dangerous monstrosities and demons that lurk the wastelands. Our mission statement shall not stop until every road in Florida is safe from raiders and monsters.

The Government of the Sunshine Kingdom

The Executive Branch
Queen Jayne Bede - Rules for life.
Children: Stephanie Bede (23), Jessica Bede (20), Lydia Bede (19), Samuel Bede (17), Usnavy Bede (17), Laura Bede (14)
Heir Chosen by election of the Legislative Branch and confirmed by the Judicial Branch from eligible Bedes.

The Sunshine Guard, enforcers and protectors of the royalty, have authority over the armed forces.

The Legislative Branch
Bicameral Legislature:
  • Senate: 100 Senators, hailing proportionally from each settlement, appointed via election for a period of 5 years.
Senate Delegate Distribution in 2251
Nasacity: 14
Dragonville: 13
Mims: 10
New Fort Cocoa: 13
New Smyrna Beach: 30
Oak Hill: 20

• Congress: 2 Congressmen for each settlement, appointed via election for a period of 10 years. Meant to have no political affiliation but to the Kingdom itself.
  • Laws and decisions are passed between the two branches, until signed by the Queen.

The Judicial Branch
  • Supreme Court: 9 Justices, appointed by Queen and approved by Congress.
  • Supreme authority on Justice in the Land, appoint judges in each settlement.
  • Police: Independant of the Military, meant to protect law. (CURRENTLY UNDER INVESTIGATION FOR CORRUPTION)

Notes:
The Laws regulating the Legislative branch are designed to take into account the growing size of the Kingdom. If, eventually, the proportions of the Congress end up ridiculous, States, with representation shifting based on statehood.

Hardy Reclamation Committee
Spoiler :

Leader: Doctor Mira Verner (Scientific)
Faction Trait: Expansionist
Capital: Hardytown (Hardeeville, SC; Pre-war Community)
Structures: Farming Equipment (3), Water Pump/Purifier
Population: 730
Education: General
Food: 2,070 (+1,500)
Water: 770 (+800)
Tech Parts: 55
Scrap Parts: 380
Ammunition: 1,010
Military Equipment: 100 1-H Guns, 50 2-H Guns, 10 Heavy Weapons
Robots: None
Military Skill: 3

Spoiler Doctor’s Challenge :

We have imprisoned the young killer in a basement and this has led to a new dispute. He is only six years old, and yet has been responsible for the cold-blooded murder of so many people. Some believe we should execute him for his crimes, while others balk at killing such a young child. How do we respond to this issue?

Spoiler Doctor’s Solution :

The child in question will be transferred to the new jail once finished construction. Rehabilitation will continue.

Spoiler Orders :

-Construct Jail for 300 scrap.

- a 100 strong scavenging expedition (70 1-H, 25 2-H, 5 HW) will probe deeper into Savannah, stopping if they hit heavy resistance or incur heavy casualties.

Imperial American News

The official Newspaper of the Empire of America

- His Imperial Majesty Emperor Felix V

Hello American citizens! In this paper, you will read about the interview of His Imperial Majesty (story 1), the Government Announcement on the Education of French Language (story 2) and the expedition of General Michael Petraeus in the unknown lands (story 3).

Interview of His Imperial Majesty

- The article was written by reporter Jimmy Lincoln

Three days ago, I talked with the Secretary of His Imperial Majesty about my idea to have an interview with His Imperial Majesty. Yesterday, the Secretary came to my office and told me that His Imperial Majesty has accepted with delight my offer. And thus, here is the interview:

Jimmy (J): Your Imperial Majesty, I want to thank you for accepting my invitation.

Felix (F): Your are welcome.

J: My first question is about the expedition of General Michael Petraeus in the unknown lands. Why should we explore the outside world?

F: The main axons of the American Empire are Bonapartism and Autarky. The first part of our ideology, Bonapartism, has mostly succeeded: America is a strong and centralized state under one enlightened Emperor, me. The second part of our ideology, however, Autarky, is still far from a success.

Autarky means self-reliance, something that America does not have right now, as our resources are limited. So, we need to expand our Empire and gain control of new resources. America needs a Lebensraum. So, the expedition of General Michael Petraeus is of vital importance for the survival of the Empire.

J: On the issue of French language, why do you think that it should be a mandatory skill?

F: Except for paying tribute to Napoleon Bonaparte, French have practical military use: our soldiers can communicate in French, a language that almost no one will know in the wastelands, so even if a potential enemy manages to overhear our soldiers or has send spies to infiltrate our ranks, they will not be able to understand a thing. It is like secret military codes.

J: Indeed. Why do you think that Bonapartism will succeed?

F: Because France has shown twice that Bonapartism can take a nation and make it an Empire. The collapse of both French Empires was a result more of military mistakes than a fault of Bonapartism itself. Bonapartism, as I have said above, represents the need for a strong and efficient centralized state able to secure the welfare of the people and Imperial Expansion of state in new territories. Those are our goals and we have so far had success.

J: Thank you for answering my questions.

F: You are welcome.

Government Announcement on the Education of French Language

The Government of the Empire of America hereby announces:

Law #1345
Education of French Language
- Authorized by the Emperor Felix V Jackson and the Imperial Government

The Emperor of the Empire of America, Emperor Felix V Jackson, with the authorization of the Minister of Internal Affairs, Alexander Klerk, hereby announces:

1. The French language is to become a mandatory skill for all soldiers of the Empire.
  2. Soldiers who take lessons have to take part in Imperial Exams which shall give them a certificate of having knowledge of French.
  3. On military operations, units with French Speakers will communicate in French.

- Signed,

Emperor Felix V Jackson
Minister of Internal Affairs, Alexander Klerk

Expedition of General Petraeus

60 soldiers under the command of General Michael Petraeus are expected to begin an expedition in the wastelands to find new resources and conquer new land for the Empire and the Nation. The soldiers will all be heavily armed and ready to fight hard against any potential enemy, but General Petraeus has been given orders not to risk the lives of his men and to orderly retreat if he faces very tough opposition.

The men selected for the expedition were paid a visit yesterday by His Imperial Majesty himself, who talked to them about the importance of the mission and that the fate of the Empire lies with them. The Emperor has also stated that those who return from the expedition shall be awarded with an Imperial Eagle standard as well as with a "Napoleon Bonaparte" bravery medal.

One of the soldiers, named Nick, stated to one of our reporters: "I feel very honored to be able to be part of this expedition and to be able to render my services to the Emperor and the Empire. I will do my best and if we face any enemies, I shall either defeat them or I will die fighting."

A Letter to Headman Julie Keyes, Survivalist Union
From Queen Jayne Bede, Sunshine Kingdom

We are planning on sending the planned expedition to Southern Florida within the year. Is that acceptable to the Survivalist Union?

@poketwo: There were three weeks, and numerous warnings between the two updates. There's no objection to rejoining as a new faction elsewhere, but the Citadel is dead and gone.

I will be theoretically beginning the next update on Wednesday, get those orders in by then!

A Letter to Headman Julie Keyes, Survivalist Union
From Queen Jayne Bede, Sunshine Kingdom

We are planning on sending the planned expedition to Southern Florida within the year. Is that acceptable to the Survivalist Union?

In about 6-seven months time, or a month or two? If the former, we can probably accommodate.

EQ:

Any information milked from those merchants about the south?
Order in tomorrow during the day.

@Darksaber: There is no one to trade with to the south, so no.

Survivalist Union:
Spoiler :
Leader: Headman Julie Keyes (Charismatic)
Faction Trait: Defensive
Capital: Liberty City (Indian Rivers Estates, Port St. Lucie, FL; Pre-War Community)
Structures: Farming Equipment (3), Water Purifier, Jail, Forge, Market, Radio Tower, Fortifications
Population: 930
Total Population: 1,120
Education: General
Food: 2,250 (+1,360)
Water: 2,550 (+1,400)
Tech Parts: 10
Scrap Parts: 800
Ammunition: 2,360
Military Equipment: 70 Low-Tech Melee Weapons, 105 1-H Guns, 90 2-H Guns, 25 Laser Weapons, 1 Power Armor Suit
Robots: None
Military Skill: 6
Outposts:
Spoiler:

Indian’s Hideout (Indian River State College, Fort Pierce, FL): +280 Food, +500 Water
-Population: 190
-Structures: Forge, Farming Equipment, Water Pump/Purifier
-Arsenal: 50 Low-Tech Melee Weapons, 30 1-H Guns, 20 2-H Guns

Headman’s Challenge solution:
Spoiler :
Well, my personal favourite star would, of course, be Vera Keyes but then her films were fairly awful. Of the two sets being debated, I would suppose that I would favour Gable. Although, I did like The Treasure of the Sierra Madre. Saw that years ago when we found a copy of it. Does anyone in town have one?

Orders:
Spoiler :
Scavenging/Military
We will send a hundred men (10 lasers, 40 2-H, 50 1-H guns, as well as with 30 LT melee) south with the Sunshine Kingdom Expedition. Stick close with them, but don’t trust them blindly. Share the work, and keep an eye out for finds, to make sure they are evenly shared. If it seems that the expedition is becoming too dangerous (as in, mass casualties likely) then stop advancing. If the Royalists want to continue, then offer to wait for a few weeks, keeping their back and the route clear. While cooperation and profits are important, blindly marching into the Swamp to die won’t help anyone.

In addition

A smaller force will camp out in the areas scouted last turn, setting up a depot in a suitable spot for a settlement. They will be composed of 35 men (5 lasers, 15 2-H, 15 1-H guns) as well a lot selected group of 50-70 odd people, and will gather salvage from the area and take in to the depot site to save travel time. This loot will be stored for the planned settlement construction. In the event of trouble, the armed team will cover the unarmed group to retreat to Liberty City.

Construction:
No construction this turn. Saving up.

To: Kingdom

Ok, we'll meet at my place. Just so you know, I have ordered given order to my team about extreme danger. We don't have a standing army, and these guys are mostly volunteers. Also, I cannot order our citizens to march to there death without a maldito good reason. So if thing look to hopeless they will hold position to cover your forces rear for a few weeks. I don't expect your leaders to do something like that but... well, worth the failsafe, ya sabes?

Orders are to be send tomorrow.

Top Bottom