Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Immortal

Votes: 8 30.8%
  • Cossack

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Homie

Anti-Lefty
I have gathered all the UU's that are not completely useless and put them in this poll.

Although I wasn't sure about
War Chariot
War Elephant
Impi

Those units really suck.

The chariot comes too early. (I know it is good to wage an early war, but you should have at least 4-5 productive cities before starting. By that time, the others have horsemen)

The War Elephant is just a regular knight, so what if you don't have to have iron and horses to build it, I get those resources anyway. And it is best to wage war in the ancient times anyway.

The Impi: Maybe you need them if a nearby city will soon be attacked and you need to move defenses to that city. But I never find good use for them, I am never in such a position that I have to panic-defend a city, be prepared for anything.

Impi aren't bad. They move along with your horses on the offense (the 2-2-2 stack). And they stop enemy horsemen from retreating on the defense. Plus they can move+pillage. Not an elite UU, but not the worst, IMHO.

All UUs have thier place if used correctly. CPaco made a good point about Impi even though most people look down on them.
I voted Panzer because I use them well especially where they show up late idustrial.

I voted Mounted Warrior, but Impis are also good. You have them from the start, and their retreat capability makes them good attackers in the very early game. With the Golden Age boost you can crank out enough Impis to take out a small neighbor. However, anything stronger than 3 in defence (for example, a fortified spearman in city on hills) will be more than a match.

I agree that Impi's can be good. Immediately after I made this poll I thought about some uses for them and opened a thread for using Impi's together with horsemen.

I think samuri come at one of the best times and you must secure iron or your in a world of hurt. Iron seems to deplete quite often and that makes samuri iffy in terms of being a good unit.

Impi come too early for a diety/unpatched game. The comp starts out with a ton of units and they trade techs like a hooker trades partners. For lower level games, where the tech progression is slower, impis can be an excellent fast defensive unit to take out a capitol fast and have a high survival rate on your horsemen.

Panzers are an impressive unit. Hands down its the best UU but it comes very late and you have to really kiss ass to keep knowledge production high and stay alive.

I like to roman legion but progression is slow and use of catapults is recommended while seiging towns. Again, you need iron for these.

On lower level games, the hoplite can be good. You hit a golden age as your being attacked.... its a nice boots.

All UU's cost more than the regular version but that balances out against the units abilities. Sending a horde of normal units can still overwhelm UU's....

Top Bottom