Maps of NESing V

I was going to comment on the actual continents, until I saw the reason it was skewed as such (note that, IRL, all continents are coincidentally wider at the north than the south. Not that there is any real reason for that, as far as I am aware, but I tend to prefer maps that follow a similar patter).

On another note, while searching for a supplement to my horrific artistic ability, I found this:

http://www-cs-students.stanford.edu/~amitp/game-programming/polygon-map-generation/mapgen2.swf

I'd feel better about it if the creator wasn't a furry.
Entirely irrelevant to the climate and map projects, which I find to be awesome.

I was going to comment on the actual continents, until I saw the reason it was skewed as such (note that, IRL, all continents are coincidentally wider at the north than the south. Not that there is any real reason for that, as far as I am aware, but I tend to prefer maps that follow a similar patter).

On another note, while searching for a supplement to my horrific artistic ability, I found this:

http://www-cs-students.stanford.edu/~amitp/game-programming/polygon-map-generation/mapgen2.swf
Cool link CivOasis. :D And regarding the earth pattern, subverting these familiar patterns is a great way to create a map that escapes the stereotypes of earth geography!

delete me

Do you still have that map, Iggy? That's awesome. Had you seen this website before then, or just drawn what you thought would be interesting?

Edit: Just look at Europe upside-down. Seriously.

@CivOasis: That is epic, dude! I especially love the watersheds feature. Where did you find this?

Did a bit of a search for an island generator, got this. I actually have the link to a better version saved now, too, I can get that when I use my other computer next time.

Question:What info would you want from a map of a non-earth world? I have climate, elevation, (descriptions of each continent and also on their flora, fauna, precipitation), ?

This is for the BARELY-anticipated EltNES: This World is Yours!

Do you still have that map, Iggy? That's awesome. Had you seen this website before then, or just drawn what you thought would be interesting?

Edit: Just look at Europe upside-down. Seriously.

@CivOasis: That is epic, dude! I especially love the watersheds feature. Where did you find this?

Sadly, it died in the same hard drive crash that killed off my records of LINESII and most of my old NESing materials, but I made it by tracing over the course of a brief period of time, so I could probably remake it without too much difficulty.

Could it be possible to reupload the first one? It appears to be disappeared.

It is possible to know the source of this two maps? I´d love to make my own maps with such a big quality.

Thanks.

Not sure about the source, but I use the first for my NES and I think I have a blank one around somewhere.

Could it be possible to reupload the first one? It appears to be disappeared.

Spoiler :

It is possible to know the source of this two maps? I´d love to make my own maps with such a big quality.

Thanks.

The second one I cleaned up from an atlas' map. If I am remembering correctly, the first came somewhere from this thread:

http://www.alternatehistory.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=25312

Essentially they stitch together a bunch of highly zoomed in maps to make a larger map using a website that seems to be down now (though I am sure there are other websites that do the same thing).

Spoiler :

The second one I cleaned up from an atlas' map. If I am remembering correctly, the first came somewhere from this thread:

http://www.alternatehistory.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=25312

Essentially they stitch together a bunch of highly zoomed in maps to make a larger map using a website that seems to be down now (though I am sure there are other websites that do the same thing).

Thank you.

I already know that web. A pity about the other web, since its down.

Thank you anyway.

Top Bottom