While We Wait: Writer's Block & Other Lame Excuses

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not that I follow TerraNES closely, but it seems to me Italy is just a pre-Roman Italy. :p

I intend to get my Ancient Greek NES (click on my sig!) going again. All are very welcome!

I would like to get this going again. All new players are welcome and I would encourage anyone to join! :)

All spots except Sparta, Corinth, Taras, and Demosthenes are open.

The best open spots are:

Nicias (the most important politician in Athens; strongly in favour of peace and alliance with Sparta)
Alcibiades (Nicias's main rival)
Thebes (the main city of the Boeotian League)
Larissa (the main city of Thessaly)
Macedonia
Syracuse
The League of the Chalcidians in Thrace

Only nations listed here are playable. That link gives you a vague idea of what you might like to do in this NES.

Update 1

Below is a labelled map.

Spoiler :

I'm going to use this article in future debates about politics!

In Skyrim, when I get off my horse, it runs away. How can I make it stick around so I can remount after whacking bad guys? Is there a way to fight from horseback? I did find out that I can swim in armor.

In Skyrim, when I get off my horse, it runs away. How can I make it stick around so I can remount after whacking bad guys? Is there a way to fight from horseback? I did find out that I can swim in armor.

You can buy a horse which even engages opponents. Stables in most towns (whiterun? for an example) sell them. Sadly the horse which I bought jumped several meters into air (when travelling over a slope) and waited until that precise moment to decide, then that it's not a pegasus. Killed himself and nearly killed my character .

I stole my horse in Whiterun rather than buy it. Does that make a difference in whether or not it runs away?

Horses jump when you hit the space bar.

I stole my horse in Whiterun rather than buy it. Does that make a difference in whether or not it runs away?
Stolen stuff is named "red", stuff that you may take/that is yours is marked "white" or "Gray". In my experience, bought horses do not run away but actively engage opponents (which sometimes ends tragic). I've avoided horses since the "pegasus issue" I had.

Horses jump when you hit the space bar.
Yes, but I was not pressing space - it was a game error, where horse tried to get from higher level onto lower level, failed and was skyrocketed several meters above its current position. It fell back from the heights thanks to gravity, but fall killed the horse and severely damaged my character health. Just youtube skyrim horse glitch and you'll see many many glitches related to horses.

Stolen stuff is named "red", stuff that you may take/that is yours is marked "white" or "Gray".
I was going to say this is a rong way to use quotes, but then I realized this is just JRPG-speak which is ironic coincidental and funnily inappropriate given that the topic is Skyrim.

Damn, so I have to buy a horse to get it to stick with me. Maybe running everywhere will build up my stamina.

There are so many quest lines in this game. I think I am on about 4 at the moment and I just started. I left Whiterun and am headed towards the grey beards, but have been distracted by Hellgrum's Tomb.

I am not used to WASD controls so it is taking me a bit to adjust to that style of play. So far I am enjoying the game a lot. Horses are not my only problem though, I am still figuring out how to do magical stuff. I do like being able to just wander around and find stuff even though I get killed a lot doing it.

Judging by all the youtube videos, combat looks sucky, the NPC's act like ******s and there are just so immersion breaking things I don't even want to try it. I never got drawn into Fallout 3 and don't see what the big deal is here :p

This is where its at, people!:

Link to video.

There are so many quest lines in this game. I think I am on about 4 at the moment and I just started. I left Whiterun and am headed towards the grey beards, but have been distracted by Hellgrum's Tomb.

Dealing with 14 at the moment, and that's just standard quests and not miscellaneous ones. What sort of problems are you having with magic?

The basics. When I get home tonight I can post some of the specifics of what spells I have and getting them to work.

I have fire ball scrolls and a flames potion. when I hold them, I do not know what to press to get them to do anything. Mouse clicks do not seem to do anything.

I am a level 6 fighter type using two handed weapons. I am currently at the final battle in Hellgrun's tomb and cannot make much headway. I only have 4 minor healing potions and some food. Dieing is quick and easy.

If I leave to improve my skills and levels and come back, will the dungeon be empty?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom