The NESer Paradox Games Thread

Take me off the understudy list, I won't be able to play at all now. Also: Ironman below:
A Treatise on Our Bewitched King Shutr
It is said that Our great nation of Lettigallia started in the Summer of 867 when Kodere the Great married the heathen Przybyczesc of Silesia. She wanted to regain her lands within Poland, and Kodere agreed to this. The formerly peaceful chieftain of the Curonians struck his banner into the ground and began a great 20 year campaign that had his tribe conquer all the way to Poland, and the Rus of Novgorod and Kiev. He died before the borders of Lettigallia reached Silesia.

His heir Shutr though, was something to be desired. Shutr was possessed by foul mood swings, and sometimes people mysteriously died during the night. Yet on the surface, Shutr was Honest, Just, Brave, and Zealous, and sometimes even advised his father on strategy and tactics. When Kodere died, he had become the Great King of Lettigallia, the first king of our region, but the realm was terrified by the heir Shutr, due to his terror inducing mood swings, that sometimes even scared the weaponsmaster of the realm. Some say, now that he has passed into his second decade of ruling, that Shutr is possessed by both Perkunas and Jods, and that they are fighting for control of his body.

Shutr has had 6 people claim his throne and fail, as well as the entirety of Svipjod in the west having been laid low on the shores of Livonia. He has led his army at the front every time, yet still is alive.

We know that either Perkunas or Jods is actually within Shutr, since Shutr has reformed our faith, in the way the Christians formed their own. Whether it is the will of almighty Perkunas or the will of Jods, we shall not know. It has been seen that Shutr is someone you do not want to be on the wrong side of.
Spoiler :

If you think Frankfurt doesn't have the best color, you're lying to yourself.

Spoiler :

My neighbors are jealous. (Coalitions on 15 year truce timers. :suicide:)

Spoiler :

Did anyone here use VIET?

I am sad at its apparent death, and wondering whether there is anything to replace it with. Or whether I should just go back to vanilla.

I mean that VIET-in-HIP seems dead. Or at least, cybrxkhan has been gone for a while, and the other people involved seem to have more or less given up, except on trying to salvage the latest version to be compatible with 2.1.6. by getting rid of some of the events. (And that thread hasn't updated in a while.)

In agot mod, my Targaryen king died in a huge fire caused by an explosion of wildfire. The dragon also died, along with half the court in Kingslanding. That's what I get by financing alchemists.

the targs never do stuff when i play the agot mod. in one game, i'm single handedly keeping the dynasty living by marrying viserys (for the first time, at, like, age 50) and the resulting offspring. there was one only living targ when viserys was alive and his one daughter was alive.

the targs never do stuff when i play the agot mod. in one game, i'm single handedly keeping the dynasty living by marrying viserys (for the first time, at, like, age 50) and the resulting offspring. there was one only living targ when viserys was alive and his one daughter was alive.

What about Aegon IV? Did he losed the war in your game?

i started with robert already on the iron throne

I thought that the event at which Aegon appears would also work in this scenario, but apparently not. In my game, the Targaryens (played by me, of course) returned in force.

While Rickon, the only survivor of the Stark family, lived his entire life without getting married and joined the Watch. The last Baratheon did the same.

I've been interested in picking up something like EU IV. What would you guys recommend? I haven't played any paradox games beforehand.

i like ck2 a ton.

eu4 is probably your next best bet but from what i've read it seems to be a cut below ck2, especially with all the railroading they've been doing in the patches.

you probably shouldn't touch vicky 2 or hoi3 until you've played ck2/eu4.

Thanks for the quick feedback. Do you know if there is a demo available or anything? My main concern is that it might be too complicated. I'm aware that it has a relatively steep learning curve but I want to see how it goes beforehand.

The main difference between EU4 and CK2 isn't really one of playability, it's the kind of game you want. CK2 is more focused on individuals/families -- you don't really play a country so much as you do a small subset of one. EU4 is focused on countries; there's essentially no internal politicking, and mostly just country-country interactions.

I personally prefer EU4.

Top Bottom