Fantasy Turnovia NES

(Sorry this is in under the lock, I'll get it in sooner and with yummy stories as well! ^_^ )

(Also my race name is not bold either :p )

Spoiler :
Kreszentians(KaiserElectric)
Race: Draconic
Government: Tribal Confederation
Stability: 5
Economy: 4/2
Treasury: 3
Strategic Resources: None Developed
Military: 1 Draconic Division(Green)
Draft Pool: 1 Draconic Division(Green)
Navy: None
Description: Humanoids whose obvious namesake reveals their racial heritage, Draconics are large, tough creatures with thick hides and strong wings. They are mostly distinguished by the color of their scales, which range from green to red in color, and the size of their wings and fins. A rare child might be born with silver scales, signifying him or her as a leader among Draconics, and legends speak of the near-divinity of the golden scaled Draconics.
Mod Notes:
Color/Location: Orange/OTL Socal

Orders:

Draconics do not waste their prayers on petty Gods who live far away in their heavens. Their worship and respect are won by those who lived, bled, and died for them, not those who sit on high clouds and pass down judgement as they see fit. Thus, the first temple built in Kreszentian lands will be dedicated to a mortal. Before a great draconic is chosen to be honored, we must secure the necessary supplies to create this temple.

Our first task will be to expand East towards the mountains, where we will surely find stone and metals in abundance. We will also spend 3 Jack on expanding our farming to start production of cotton. We believe this plant could be made into a soft yet sturdy textile that can be used for fabrics, clothing, and even armor. Bronze armor is all well and good, but cotton armor treated with a brine solution to harden it against arrow and sword blows is not only just as effective when combined with our naturally tough skin but would be lighter and easier to wear then a clunky metal breastplate.

In the meantime, keep a watchful eye out for outsiders. Our stone cities are modest, but ever expanding and well equipped to defend against enemies.

Deadline is here. Shame on those of you who did not send orders.

In before the lock! :p

Sorry, I've had a hectic week and haven't had time to sit at a computer properly. I'll submit early next update.

Update 3 Year 60

Europe

K'eltoq Expands into germany and norway and their priests start delving into cold magics. Cold magics seem to be stronger when Sapphires are used as material components. Sapphires have started being developed as a strategic resource (eta 4 turns)

The goblin tribes of Regne Develops Dire Wolves as a strategic resource. If you'd like to make a unit with these, then please send a description of the unit in your orders. Regne tribes also start to develop copper (eta 4 turns) and try to develop Boar too, but these lands are inhospitable to most forms of livestock.

Vespiqvon expands and reorganizes it's military. The building of a couple of strategically placed economic hives has a good impact on the economy [+1 economy]

Jhasturad decides enough is enough and raises another elven division and drafts yet another to combat the undead hordes to the south. This offensive caught the undead off guard, but deep within the mountains the undead hordes were able to lay an ambush that was real. [-1 elven draft pool] The undead seem to be lead by an Arch-Lich named "Aghstagh". A lone elven skeleton offered a truce on behalf of Aghstagh, with the mountains being the final border.If things weren't hectic enough, northwestern expansion has been halted due to the confederation of some human tribes (represented in grey blob)

Silesia Attempts to make another division of Faded men, but lack the resources to do so. They start bringing wood elves back to the fade as they continue doing so with the Regne goblin tribes [+1 treasury]. Contact with the undead horde of Aghstagh has been made, with several incursions into the faded forest being made by the undead.

Euryale Makes a giant statue to their goddess [+1 stability]. Border friction has been seen with Testonica as both empires scramble for lands and islands. A naval skirmish was won by Euryale as they secured an island Testonica claims. Testonica's tradesmen have been out-competing the Euryalers in their own lands, making similar wares at cheaper prices. While this does overall help the economy of both countries [+1 economy both countries], it does threaten to break down the new found stability that the temple has brought.

Testonica fearful of a lost skirmish against Euryale, they decide to increase the size of their navy to ensure the protection of the rest of their islands.

Tortolia

Karr Mepork Once again calls upon every swinging Orc d1ck to drive the Lizardmen out [-1 stability]. Many battles are fought between these forces, but the Orcs prevail [-1 Draft Pool]. 2 entire generations of non-stop total war has developed a warrior culture for Karr Mepork [Draft Pool is Untrained, not green]. the goblins to the north take very little care of the events troubling the south of their tribes, but launch a raid or two every once in a while when population pressure permits.

Cahokia Builds another great pyramid further unifying it's people [+1 stability]. Attacking the Cat men has been relatively easy business. Drule face roars > Purrs it seems.

Lusakaroon expands modestly and banks jack.

Faeshire expands and creates a standing army (A pretty expensively maintained army at that). There has been a pretty extensive Minotaur concentration to the north (represented in grey blob).

Kreszentians expands their economy and starts developing cotton as a strategic resource. To the north there is dense population of Ratmen that attack anyone that enters their lands.

Asia

Mines of Hrisgard call to arms all available Dwarves to attack the Orog tribes! The dwarves win and the Orog caverns are now Hrisgard's. [-1 Draft Pool, +1 economy]. Contact has been made with the Lizardmen of Zugurai

Klthsstkl modestly expands and banks jack.

Kalvo scraps it's navy and sells the ships to the private citizens to raise some cash (+1 treasury). Some incursions of Centaurs have started slowing economic growth, but everything else seems to be going good.

Gardu start invading the Orc lands, pressing each individual tribe to either meet them in single combat or enter a field battle. Most tribes agree to single combat, so the lands Gardu take are easy to administer for the most part [+1 economy]. The problem is that one of these tribes had a champion by the name of Gorfang who beat the Gardu champion Grahul Rerton! Gorfang then unified the rest of the Orcs and now taunts the Minotaurs to attempt further aggression. Contact has been made with the Illithids of R'leyh

Dredgendor Halts aggressive expansion and recruits more warriors.

R'leyh Still no ETA on copper, but it has started being used in limitted capacities. They see weakness in the human tribes of Egypt and they attack! Lands have been conquered. [+1 economy]. contact has been made with Adengae

Ularmti create a massive arena that draws in crowds from all over [+1 economy]. Meets a primitive bunch of bee men tribes to the south (represented in light grey blob).

Glorious and Eternal Elven Empire An eta is found for a very impure version of Sun Metal (You really should give this impure stuff a different name). The Samurai advance into southern korea, enslaving, displacing, or slaughtering the goblin tribes they meet.

Krr silently expands. Spider pr0n story increases population [+1 draft pool]. Tribes of orcs have been resisting the expansion of the Krr (represented as light grey blob)

Zugurai expands it's borders and economy.

Andea

Shural Build a big o' market [+1 economy] and expands.

Morthur expands in all directions but to the north, leaving the crabmen to their own works. Iron is attempted by the dwarves, but nothing has been gained so far of import on the matter.

Treplak expands modestly and banks jack.

Arctica

Iceladon expands south and starts domesticating Penguins.

Africa

Lashishali expands modestly and banks jack.

Adengae continue their rapid expansion southward, meeting the human tribes to the south that are afraid of R'leyh, whom Adengae has also made contact with. The human tribes offer to join Adengae in exchange for protection against the Illithids.

Mandalore calls to arms their entire draft pool to expand aggressively. The light hand of this civilization's government and their warrior spirit gains the respect of some beastmen tribes along the river who join willingly. A confederation of Elven tribes to the east oppose the Mandalorian expansion, however, and will unify to fight against them if pressed.

Slezkak expands their borders and economy

Tronda raise a standing army and go expanding, using their new army as the spearhead.

Boreala

Elgathon expands fast along the coast of boralea using newly made rafts from their dead. Goblins to the north have started attacking Treants for their lumber (Represented in grey blob)

Mod Notes

Changed standing army starting experience because it made no sense for your standing army to be the same quality as your emergency draft.

Only 3 missed orders I think. Good stuff.

We have a few NPCs that can be taken up by new players if they didn't want to create something completely new. Get your friends to join, the history of this world is gonna be a blast!

If I messed up, please notify me in a PM.

For Cohokia I've added a "Wonders" stat. If your civilization builds some amazing nonsense I'll put it as a wonder on your stat too.

Orders due Wednesday the 20th of August at 9PM Central American Time Zone

Attachments

• NES Map Turn 3.png
    NES Map Turn 3.png
    255.9 KB · Views: 228
Spoiler :

Here are my guesses about the distributions of a few major races (and the Spiders). The rest exist largely within the expanses of their own polities, I imagine.

To : the Lizardfolk of Zurugai
The Council of Hrisgard welcomes you to the overlands of the Great Mountains. We hope for co - operation with your nation.

Spoiler :

Here are my guesses about the distributions of a few major races (and the Spiders). The rest exist largely within the expanses of their own polities, I imagine.

Teach me how.

Spoiler :

I'm offended by not seeing the gorgon label.

Great work!

Spoiler :

What? No Beefolk???

Guys, guys,

The rest exist largely within the expanses of their own polities, I imagine.

I am still deeply offended by the lack of dinosaurs on this otherwise most delicious map :3

…and so Morgon would be succeeded by Armand the Crow for title of Leódhatas. Armand the Crow was the son and successor to the Voûten leader Norbert the Hawk, thus the Blæc have lost their track holding of the great title through power protection and the other clans fearing that the Blæc were becoming too powerful, though the new Blæc leader Royce the Growler is determent to ensure Blæc dominion after Armand. The new Spreca came to be Fitzroy from the Blæc, a symbol of the clan keeping itself in the higher points of politics within the Règne.

One great consideration in the day was the bordering with the K’eltoq. The leader of the Pontet, Horace, proclaimed in a great banquet that was being held in honour of Armand’s political ascension the following:

“The frost goblins of the K'eltoq are to us a potential friend. Their knowledge and our knowledge will help both our desires. Our trades will benefit us. Our warriors will learn from each other better ways at killing. We has potential. Let us both become stronger from it! Let us both chaotic! Let us both embrace our goblin ways!”

Both the greats howls of the goblin clan leaders and their direwolf mounts waked the night itself.

More.png

The goblins sought to expand for more and more land, for more was the word of Armand the Crow. As well striving to ensure the K’eltoq do not deny land to the east it came to the attention of Armand that the landmass across a channel could provide additional living space for his clans, while native goblin could be assimilated into becoming Règne like the Kobolds did voluntary or… Armand had not gotten to the “or” at the moment as his eyes were on one thing only: more. More land, more resources, more goblins, more everything. “The Règne were to have more or else!” cried the Leódhatas in a random outburst when out hunting.

While their leader was single set the Voûte had to keep their heads in more than one place. Indeed it was they who came to discover for the goblins of the Règne the rock called cuivre (Règnen for copper) and how were wondering its application. Whatever the case they prayed for more of this resource in their expansion plots. Will they find more habitable lands across the channel, so that the boar experiment could be repeataed? The Voûte hoped that the sky deity, Azur, would direct their fortunes.

Nevertheless while all this was going on the faded men and their forbidden forest continued to pose an interesting challenge to not only the goblins that were near the woods but also to chaos itself. The mystery of the missing scouts still unheeded, the mental scares of those who managed to get out yet to become declarations for all and the failure to conduct a proper diplomatic response to the shade ones’ message had headed troubles in the minds of the clans’ leaders. The Lyblác were naturally offended, their chaos mages. But chaos magic is not pursuit in unity and the Galdorcræftare especially allowed chaos mages to peruse what would be regarded by the Lyblác as magically heretical.

Edi the Beholder cared not for chaos magic in the sake of allowing chaos magic “to take you for a ride” but to have a more free formed, more liberating form of controlling power, not being what he saw as being its slave.

---

The aged leader of the Galdorcræftare, Edi the Beholder, still obsessed himself with the faded ones. “I will either speak out to the shady ones or die without my live at its most achieved!” went Edi to his apprentice and heir Chadwick. “I am a beholder of truths and will not heed well to have my desires to learn tis shady business with our kin! They, the faded, better known that Edi the Beholder will not heed simply the idle ignorance of whoever holds the title of Leódhatas! I am prepared to journey to the woods myself.”

“But Edi!” went Chadwick. “We have heard little of the goblins that vanished and those who came back came back in a most pale state indeed. Tis will be bad if something like either of those two occurred to the Galdorcræftare’s boss!”

“If I do not do my duty as a chaos mage, as a clan leader and as a challenger to the fanatics of the Lyblác then I may as well live like among slugs than goblins” replied Edi. “I will make the journey… first to the edge then within. I am hoping to be invited. If not… I will journey as far as possible till I am asked if I am invited or otherwise. Whatever the case I will seek council. If I am not back in a week…”

“You sure my master?” went Chadwick. “Tis not the wisest of plots you have and you are usually the wiser of us Galdorcræftarens.”

“Then you will prove yourself my student Chadwick; I will declare you clan regent in my absent” went the Beholder. “Should I not return then you will prefill your duty as my apprentice and heir.”

“But I am not ready!” went Chadwick.

“You will be” replied the Beholder. “Set word to the senior members of our clan so I may give public address of your duties and my journey. I will seek diplomacy with the faded men. The human villagers who panicked on behalf of those goblin scouts we screech at the one who strives into the woods alone. I will recall their words; I venture to know the full truth.”

“Then your wish is my will” went Chadwick, venturing out of the hut of the Beholder, who then went to a thought… a wonder of a thought…

-----

Goblins by nature are a chaotic leaded species driven to their desires over other goals; those few who can muster must relish this to their advantage but know that to do this one must venture into… ungoblin like territories. One must understand what a goblin truly is. Chaos is the founding of the natural way; those who can control themselves are best in chaos for order detains all, while chaos embraces the will to power. If only the Lybláckans heeded this... then they would know that the key of chaos is a dance which one must not lose control in. I will allow them to lose control but I will not allow all chaos magic users to forsake control. I will find the solution and the shaded ones may teach me. They proclaimed a lesson:

One must not be stifled by order, but also not be seduced by chaos. One should walk firmly in the lands between and gaze out into all the realms.

Order is the way of evil; they do not proclaim to it… but why do they object chaos? I guess I must dance with the Evil One, Gelógung the Deity of Order, before I can truly be at peace for the sake of chaos. I must hope… hope that I can battle Gelógung’s influences and ensure my people in their service to Dwolma do not fall before the tricks of the Enslaver. I will give the shaded ones a chance to preach their "balance" but the way of chaos is the way to fight the evils that order brings. Should a balance between good and evil be desired as oppose to removing evil together? I guess I must hear their case first though less I become weaker for my closed ears. Chaos magic… to claim control is an oxymoron but then again a goblin is oxymoron, commanded by their chaotic instincts. To give up them is to be enslaved but we should not full ourselves; we are thralls to our instincts. There is no shame in being bounded to chaos for chaos is the one true way to face off against the Enslaver but there is shame in failure to consider. What will the shaded ones say? May Masquer bless my tongue and Caractère’s children watch over me in the woods. I strive to be an intruding guest, eager to know more of the shaded ways… even at the cost of myself. I will not die empty of what I seek; who, what, why? Never mind… I am prepared to do this for the sake of doing it, for my journey will open my eyes and my eyes will see what must be seen. What mysteries hold this world? Chaos… the wonders you behold I must prepare for. These shaded ones may trail me to see if I am ready for your challenges Dwolma. I hope to all the gods (baring the Enslaver) that I will make it through… but I must be ready to face annihilation.

The Leódhatas commands me not, for I am a truer agent chaos.

i don't care whether or not my race is considered "major," since i'm going to make it that way, but may i ask what makes you think centaurs are a major part of andea, especially the entire coast?

Hahah, the only reason that I didn't show every race was because it made the map extremely cluttered! My master file has every single race's location shown on it. I'll post some more maps showing the less widespread races tonight!

Also, Amon, the way I did that image was by drawing out maps of where I thought each race would be. Each race was a single layer in a multi-layered drawing (I used GIMP, but lots of image programs allow for layers). I made every layer 70% transparent, and then put a drop shadow on each layer just to make the borders more easily visible. I then saved the image as a .png to flatten it down into one layer, and uploaded it!

Interesting. I'm not sure if Paint allows for layers. That's what I use. :(

...Iggy, centaurs? I was sure we'd have lizards as neighbours. Seeing as we already met them and all. :p

Say... I just had a thought about trolls. Where will they be and what will they be like? Stone? Flesh? Between? Overground? Underground? Wombling free? Just considering for the fun they will bring.

Top Bottom