The All Leaders Challenge Game Bullpen

Hi,

am bumping this to the top as generally use tapatalk (on android) to read these old game threads (find them useful for my game now), but tapatalk does not have a search function that I can find :(

Thanks

Will

I have been thinking about reviving/continuing the series and pm'ed Sisiutil before posting here. He said he has no intention of continuing the series himself in the near/foreseeable future but has no problems with someone else doing so.

I also understand and sympathise with the viewpoint that the ALC title is particular to Sisiutil and some people would feel uncomfortable with anyone else 'usurping' the title.

Maybe the series could be continued under a different title, something like Not yet Covered (NYC).

There are cetainly plenty of people active on the forum who are far better players than I am (emperor/immortal) and if someone else feels they are more qualified and are interested in the idea then I'd be happy for him/her/them to do so.

Oh wow this brings back memories.

I've learned so much from reading and following the ALC's. It was epic stuff and I've been away from this forum and game for about 2 years. So it's great to see this thread bumped just after I decided to check this place again. Gives me some good and fun reading time now that it's really quiet at work during the summer.

Pigswill it would be great if you revived this thread!

Thought also about reviving the idea, but I'm a fairly unknown face around here and don't think that a good basis.

And Pigswill, Sisiutil started on Prince, so I don't think it needs someone with Deity as its comfortzone.

Yes Please! Go for it! :)

Id love to see this series continued, however i think that it should keep the ALC name, call me nostalgic i guess....

These threads helped me learn and improve at the game just as much as Mad's games provided entertainment, or TMIT's videos opened accessibility to the series when i was a nobel player back nearly three years ago.

There are cetainly plenty of people active on the forum who are far better players than I am (emperor/immortal) and if someone else feels they are more qualified and are interested in the idea then I'd be happy for him/her/them to do so.

The original series were never immortal+ too.
The main point of them being god was decent writeup and thorough explaining of process behind decisions being made. Or at least i do recall the series as such.

I think that's a great idea pigswill!

Finishing the Wang Kon game is still on my to-do list. I'm hoping I'll be able to finish it at some point in the near future, although I've been thinking that for more than a year. :blush:.

The Wang game will definitely be my last. I have no idea how Sisiutil had the stamina to play and write up so many games. :worship:. My hats off to you!

But I love the series, which is why I wanted to contribute to it. And if you, pigswill, began working through the many leaders we have left I would try and follow!

Best of luck to you.

Continuing a debate started in RLC1(kind of ALC 34). The ALC series is actually very difficult to move forwards. There are 5 options imo.

i) Just give up and don't finish the series.
ii) An established player keeps the series going at a high difficulty level (immortal/deity).
iii) An established player keeps the series going at an intermediate level (monarch/emperor).
iv) A new player keeps the series going at an intermediate level.
v) Sisutil returns!

Option 1 is the easiest but not very satisfactory.

Option 2 is the one the Lord Parkin and Benginal adopted. It provides a challenge for the player but possibly deters people from posting their contributions.

Option 3 is the one I'm looking at. Winning in itself isn't such a challenge but playing well with a solid victory (something like 18th century space victory) would provide a challenge.

Option 4 would be nice. The problem is that civ has moved on a lot since the first ALC and a new player might well become disheartened by posters pointing out their sub-optimal play with varying degrees of sensitivity and other people posting their 12th century shadow victories.

Option 5 would be nice as well but as likely as a snowball fight in hell.

Basically there isn't an ideal solution to continuing the series and its a matter of choosing the least unsatisfactory.

Does anyone still have the templates for the ALC? I am unsure how to setup the font size and style, the images, posting WorldBuilder files... etc. 31 leaders were played, there are 52 in total, so 21 left.

Top Bottom