7 new screenshots and more information emerges from GDC (8th March 2012)

Honestly, I think there are plans to possibly include Austria with the civ itself representing Austria-Hungary though simply being called Austria--similar to how Denmark really kind of represents Denmark-Norway but is just called Denmark--which is why Hungary itself was passed over. Not that that's the best choice to represent them, IMO, but I think it's the most likely.

Yeah there was a big historical debate about the whole Austria-Hungary split. And I tend to agree they should be separate. I would have liked them to kill two birds in one stone and incorporate some Hunnic/Cavalry traits with Hungary without including Huns as a playable civ.

I will say there could be some evidence of this because Prague was added and Vienna is also Cultural. Austria has a shot, but not a good one IMO.

Indeed, Austria got better chances now that the Huns are in - because it means that a separate Hungary is very unlikely for GK
Anyway, I think we will still have another European civ in this expansion, for the scenarios
Either Poland for the medieval one, or Austria for the steampunk one

If we get Austria, I also agree that representing their common history with Hungary as a Hungarian UU can work
But it's a very different than adding Austria-Hungary as a civ - which would be a huge mistake IMO.

I like the image of Boudicca set against the backdrop of the celebrated rugged mountain ranges of her East Anglian homeland. :satan:

Is it just me who are confused, but do the "territory blanket" normally extends out to sea tiles who are more then 3 tiles away from a city?

Look at area west of Rotterdam.

Is it just me who are confused, but do the "territory blanket" normally extends out to sea tiles who are more then 3 tiles away from a city?

Look at area west of Rotterdam.

Entirely possible already to expand past 3 tiles culturaly, just takes a long time and most of those tiles can't be bought.

Territory can extend up to 5 tiles, and the SS doesn't show more than that.

I like the image of Boudicca set against the backdrop of the celebrated rugged mountain ranges of her East Anglian homeland. :satan:

While I don't really know the geography north of Colchester, I will say that those aren't really mountains.

You call those mountains? Where do you live?

I'm sure the idea was so she could have a Gaelic hill fort behind her. For what it's worth, considering her conquering spree, anywhere from Norfolk to London to St. Albans would be fair game, but I'm sure that's not much better.

Anyone else notice the civilian unit in the bottom-left corner? Looks like it has a dove icon– have we confirmed that this a missionary unit? The icon is eerily similar to my own City-State Diplomacy mod icon for diplomatic units, though the bird has put on a bit of weight. :)

Anyone else notice the civilian unit in the bottom-left corner? Looks like it has a dove icon– have we confirmed that this a missionary unit? The icon is eerily similar to my own City-State Diplomacy mod icon for diplomatic units, though the bird has put on a bit of weight. :)

Lmao it does. I think it may be just that actually. Good eye.

Edit: Nevermind, that's the Great Prophet.

That's the great prophet icon, it just spawned in edinburgh, and you can see the faith symbol likewise is the same dove on the bar at the top of the screen where it shows oyur resources.

I'm pretty sure that's the icon for the Great Prophet as the screenshot says a Great Prophet has just been born in that city.

Seriously? Huns.
I'm really curious what they're going to make Attila speak? complete gibberish? There are so many better Asiatic civilizations that the Huns. They weren't that important in the fall of Rome. What about the Ostrogoths, the Visigoths, the Vandals, the Franks, the Burgundians, and so on?
I hope Attila looks extremely ugly and short like he was in life. And I don't really count the Huns as Asian when they had they brief empire in Europe.

All I can say is that the new lady leaders better be sexy...yet another lack of CivV compared to Civ4:lol:

Top Bottom