• Fractal Wrongness

Votes: 11 36.7%
  • Aorist Continents

Votes: 19 63.3%

• Total voters

smallfish

Immortal
Alright fine fellow fanatics well met

I've just got me some interesting results while playing with map generation... and am currently curious as to know which of these two maps would ya'll find the MOST interesting to play on.

1) Fractal Wrongness

Spoiler :

2) Aorist Continents

Spoiler :

Which of dis two fine things would that be?

Fractal Wrongness seems needlessly frustrating. Too many ice dams and peninsular barriers to naval movement, although some of those are probably settleable (to make single tile pass-throughs from one body of water to another). The other looks more like a regular Continents map, so would be familiar for that reason.

I like the fractal one thats looks interesting controling the waters seems to make you superior on such a map.

Fractal Wrongness seems needlessly frustrating. Too many ice dams and peninsular barriers to naval movement, although some of those are probably settleable (to make single tile pass-throughs from one body of water to another). The other looks more like a regular Continents map, so would be familiar for that reason.

Well, the regular continents map one has a... disproportionate allocation of certain strategic resources, and its something that I'm not really thrilled with. But the chances of an AI runaway from either of those two close landmasses ending up dominating both continents? That's a far more interesting possibility to explore!

Both look pretty interesting actually. Post the saves?

Hmm... lemme go start a game on each of them first

Apparently you can't load saved maps onto here :/

Hmm... lemme go start a game on each of them first

Apparently you can't load saved maps onto here :/

And here deys are

For the Aorist Continents one, if you be playing it, I'll give ya a li' hint - you want to be rushing him first with UU and not the other way round

Attachments

• AoristContinents.Civ5Save
    525.8 KB · Views: 154
  • FractalWrongness.Civ5Save
    541.8 KB · Views: 250
Both are nice. But I think the continent stuff is more balanced, while fractal wrongness put too much emphasize on navy (although I pretty like playing naval combats).

Top Bottom