No Horses! Help!

jsnow000

Chieftain
I've just got back into playing this game after a little break. I've started about 10-15 games of various settings and realized that none of them have any horses. At all, anywhere on the map. Has anyone had this problem? Is my game bugging out or something?

No you are just unlucky but did you research animal husbandry just in case.

I probably should have noted that, yes, I did research animal husbandry in every one of those games

As others have said, it has to be bad luck. I don't remember the last game I played where I couldn't see 3-5 horse tiles when I finish Animal Husbandry. There may not be any within my borders right away, but always within my scouted area.

The reason is, sorry if you know this, you won't see horses until AH is researched. After that you'll see them.
Yes I know that I was asking him if he researched animal husbandry, because if he didn't well then he wouldn't find horses.

Yes I know that I was asking him if he researched animal husbandry, because if he didn't well then he wouldn't find horses.

I know, I felt like a douche even typing the question but I know how I am. I just found the global politics screen and I bought the GOY version when it was first released....DOH! :wallbash:

No worry we all have our empty headed moments.

Well you can get some of mine :) In my latest game with Theodora I got 48 (fairly big share of the world). I actually got more but they where out of reach for the cities so I never got the time to get them.
Although I can't help missing the grand variety of luxuries and yeah, iron, coal and oil :(

Edit: And I remember a game playing the germans. I got no horses, no iron, no coal, no oil, no aluminium and yeah you guessed it, no uranium. This on my continent (there where two continets, mine was slightly smaller). I got a lot of luxuries though :) I took my continent with landsknechts and hard work (won a science victory).

Did you at least get iron? Because I've had 3 games in a row with no iron... and I got steamrolled... by that tyrant Alexander because of it. :(

Advanced start / Strategic balance = 6 iron/6 horse garanteed for each player.

Thus removing the strategic nature of said resources.

@ OP. 15 games with no horses at all? That has to be a record, horses are actually quite common, and if you don't have them, a city state certainly should.

Could you post a screen shot perhaps in strategic view with resource icons on>? I haven't heard of no horses on a map ever

Top Bottom