Gods and Kings: my units are even weaker now!!!

c) AI has very big alliance advantage - how come that e.g. Alexander or Darius or English are allied with most city states, having only a few cities themselves? That is impossible to achieve for a normal player;

Other than Greece/Siam, it isn't too difficult to secure allies. Start paying attention to the quests they give, and keep a couple units out scouting. Clearing a barb camp with a city-state worker (and giving the worker back) is a guaranteed push into alliance. From there, you only need ~10 gold per turn to maintain relations. Selling a luxury to another Civ will net you 8 GPT, which basically covers it.

I've had a number of games where I had 4+ solid alliances with city-states by T100.

^ I wouldn't say 4 CS alliances by T100 is a normal number though. Then again I play on Fractal and sometime 4 CS is all I can meet in 100 turns.

Greece will obviously have more allies here because of his UA. Also if he bribed for 500g during the time where gold boosts more influence + have a religion in that city, his influence will NEVER drop, effectively that 500g can ally a CS indefinitely until someone beat him to it. Since AI have happiness advantage and stuff, they will reach their first golden age pretty fast, and the second one after that - maybe before you even reached your first. Since one of Greece's AI priority is to bribe, obviously he will dominant in that aspect.

You should post some game saves and screen shots. It sounds mostly like poor tactics you are using. If you post some of the saves/pics we could help give you some more direct tips. Many of us play immortal + , since the patch I moved back down from deity to immortal - on King though AI for most of us is a piece of cake.

Top Bottom