Q: who is the top 10 Warmongering AI civ??

Top 10 most Warmonger AI civ

• Alexander

Votes: 50 58.8%
  • Ashurbanipal

Votes: 25 29.4%
  • Askia

Votes: 12 14.1%
  • Attilla

Votes: 54 63.5%
  • Ceasar

Votes: 28 32.9%
  • Bismark

Votes: 23 27.1%
  • Boudica

• Cassimir III

Votes: 6 7.1%
  • Catherine

Votes: 18 21.2%
  • Darius

• Dido

Votes: 11 12.9%
  • Elizabeth

Votes: 9 10.6%
  • Gajah

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • Khan

Votes: 39 45.9%
  • Gustavus

Votes: 5 5.9%
  • Bluetooth

Votes: 13 15.3%
  • Hiawatha

Votes: 17 20.0%
  • Isabella

Votes: 10 11.8%
  • Kamehameha

Votes: 3 3.5%
  • Maria I

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Maria Theresa

• Montezuma

Votes: 45 52.9%
  • Napoleon

Votes: 29 34.1%
  • Nebuchadnessar

• Oda

Votes: 32 37.6%

• Total voters
Nebuchadnessar? Srsly?
I never saw him DoW anyone since vanilla. Hes an ass, but not a warmonger at all. Just last game i played archipelago map with and he was right in front of me. For 200 Turns he was neutral and bright red land coveting, but he never DoW me and i didn't even had an army. At some point i even befriended him by defense pact and protected him from Ashurbanipal.

Nebuchadnessar? Srsly?
I never saw him DoW anyone since vanilla...

There seem to be different "versions" of leader personalities these days, just observation, don't know if its fact or not.

I all my recent games, Nebby has been quite aggressive early, hunkers down mid game to field a high-tech late game army. YMMV of course

Definitely Alexander. You do just one thing that he doesn't like, which is basically anything, then he sends his 800 hoplites at you.

Whenever I see Alexander and he's close -- I go into MDK mode.

wow, I never thought that Attila would be the top 3 I thought he got Lame on BNW same as Oda :lol:, In some of my recent games on BNW , he would declare war on turns like 20 or 30 to any neighboring civ he had then, stuck on History with his obsolete Horse archers and Battering Ram and get defeated and maintain 2-3 cities till Renaissance just to be conquered by some Powerfull and advance Civ.
Spoiler :

Just check the AI FLAVOURS thread here :

http://i.imgur.com/qELOwj6.png

Essentially if you want more civs pursuing a CONQUEST VICTORY then you want to pick Civs whose WAR and HOSTILE ratings are significantly more biased then their FRIENDLINESS and NEUTRAL ratings. Additionally a greater civ density on maps will also encourage CONQUEST VICTORY pursuit.

Civs that are highly EXPANSIONISTIC also tend to encourage wars by both creating border disputes and decreasing the overall availability of land.

For Civs that are unlikely to pursue a CONQEUST VICTORY, you want one that is highly competitive in an area of the game that you dominate (ie CS or WONDERS), and has some bias towards WAR (for example ASKIA has a HIGH WONDER COMPETITIVE NESS (8) and a high WAR bias (7)), so fits the bill here.

Other values that will increase the likelyihood of war are those that increase the AI's MILITARY STRENGTH. FLAVOURS that affect this IIRC are : OFFENSE, RANGED, NAVAL, MOBILE etc. Civs with larger values in 1 or more of these will also be more of a threat when engaging in war.

Finally the BOLDNESS Flavour may also have an impacy. IIRC it does but can't say for certain.

OP if you go through the FLAVOUR table and find a good mix, based on the above and with reference to your playstyle, then you should be able to increase the aggressiveness for your games. Simply increasing the number of Civs (don't go to berserk or it will break game balance in many ways), whilst decreasing the MAP SIZE will help significantly. Avoid HUGE MAPS, try an extra 2 civs on a large/standard map for example. If you play continents make sure your civ number is even so that the density is more likely the same of each of the 2 continents. If you try Pangea you can probably get away with an extra Civ (or uneven number).

BTW Check out this post :

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=12762977&postcount=13

If you want to know what goes into the AI's decision making process when choosing a GRAND STRATEGY (ie CONQUEST, CULTURE, TECH or DIPLOMACY).

Hope this helps.

thank you for that :goodjob:

Just check the AI FLAVOURS thread here :

http://i.imgur.com/qELOwj6.png

Essentially if you want more civs pursuing a CONQUEST VICTORY then you want to pick Civs whose WAR and HOSTILE ratings are significantly more biased then their FRIENDLINESS and NEUTRAL ratings. Additionally a greater civ density on maps will also encourage CONQUEST VICTORY pursuit.

Civs that are highly EXPANSIONISTIC also tend to encourage wars by both creating border disputes and decreasing the overall availability of land.

For Civs that are unlikely to pursue a CONQEUST VICTORY, you want one that is highly competitive in an area of the game that you dominate (ie CS or WONDERS), and has some bias towards WAR (for example ASKIA has a HIGH WONDER COMPETITIVE NESS (8) and a high WAR bias (7)), so fits the bill here.

Other values that will increase the likelyihood of war are those that increase the AI's MILITARY STRENGTH. FLAVOURS that affect this IIRC are : OFFENSE, RANGED, NAVAL, MOBILE etc. Civs with larger values in 1 or more of these will also be more of a threat when engaging in war.

Finally the BOLDNESS Flavour may also have an impacy. IIRC it does but can't say for certain.

OP if you go through the FLAVOUR table and find a good mix, based on the above and with reference to your playstyle, then you should be able to increase the aggressiveness for your games. Simply increasing the number of Civs (don't go to berserk or it will break game balance in many ways), whilst decreasing the MAP SIZE will help significantly. Avoid HUGE MAPS, try an extra 2 civs on a large/standard map for example. If you play continents make sure your civ number is even so that the density is more likely the same of each of the 2 continents. If you try Pangea you can probably get away with an extra Civ (or uneven number).

BTW Check out this post :

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=12762977&postcount=13

If you want to know what goes into the AI's decision making process when choosing a GRAND STRATEGY (ie CONQUEST, CULTURE, TECH or DIPLOMACY).

Hope this helps.

Ssshhh! I want to belive the AI are real! Spain IS the most aggresive! I believe in it!

wow, I never thought that Attila would be the top 3
.....SNIPPED FOR BREVITY ....

thank you for that :goodjob:

No problem. Glad I could help.

I like a challenging game, so tend to throw a few AI's into the mix that will, as the code says, run around and break things :) Preferably AI's that know which end of the lance goes towards the enemy.

Best thing for upping the aggression is making sure the difficulty is as high as possible and ensuring the Civ density is decent (especially on larger maps). You can make any Civ a WARMONGER if you stack the settings in the right/wrong way.

Ssshhh! I want to belive the AI are real! Spain IS the most aggresive! I believe in it!

Potential mild spoilers below if you don't want to know about FLAVOUR values do not read.

Spoiler :
Well she does have a 7 for EXPANSION, and high numbers for all things naval and religious, and has an 8 for BULLYING so she will tend to cause issues in many games, especially with any Civ that likes its CS or has a competing religion.

BTW Think of this as just a numerical version of the AI's EEG, being interpreted through the lens of psychology :) No suspension of disbelief necessary ! (I have to much pent up frustration towards the AI, that I will never do anything but anthropomorphise the little digital buggers). :)

Top Bottom