[MOD] Fall from Heaven II

Hian the Frog said:
Kael,

2 questions before going to Paris to watch Soccer World Cup Final with friends. GO ON FRANCE !!!

- Will you add a Doviello Hero ? If yes, have you yet decided of his power/flavor... ?

The war machine is the doviello hero.

- When 0.14 will be released ?

Dont know yet, it depends on playtest results.

This is kind of a strange question, but do you have an estimate of when you will have a release date for .14? I'm not asking when it will be released, I'm asking when do you think you will know when it will be released.

Samuelson said:
This is kind of a strange question, but do you have an estimate of when you will have a release date for .14? I'm not asking when it will be released, I'm asking when do you think you will know when it will be released.

I should have enough playtest results by Monday to set a public release date.

do you need to install the patch d for .13 if you download the main file 2.13d?

Webrider said:
do you need to install the patch d for .13 if you download the main file 2.13d?

Nope, its included.

Is there a unit/spell that can remove sea ice? I my last game I had an ice bound city that really could have used access to the open sea.

If not, may I offer up a suggestion? Have a Lanun UU with such a capability. Better yet, how about a World Wonder Unit, where every civ has at least a chance to obtain it. A fire breathing sea dragon? Stop laughing! It would make the high seas a little more interesting than they are at this point. I think I recall reading in this thread that the oceans would be livened up at some stage. Hope so.

When a Confessor consecrates (increases the cultural value) of adjacent tiles does that include the one he is standing on and, also, any rival's tiles that are along a border? I imagine the answer to both questions is yes but I want to make sure.

Broken Hawk said:
Is there a unit/spell that can remove sea ice? I my last game I had an ice bound city that really could have used access to the open sea.

If not, may I offer up a suggestion? Have a Lanun UU with such a capability. Better yet, how about a World Wonder Unit, where every civ has at least a chance to obtain it. A fire breathing sea dragon? Stop laughing! It would make the high seas a little more interesting than they are at this point. I think I recall reading in this thread that the oceans would be livened up at some stage. Hope so.

Blight will destory a lot of the sea tiles. We will get more into the terrain effects in "Fire" (the next phase) and I would expect to see mechanisms for driving the world into another ice age or into a fiery wasteland.

When a Confessor consecrates (increases the cultural value) of adjacent tiles does that include the one he is standing on and, also, any rival's tiles that are along a border? I imagine the answer to both questions is yes but I want to make sure.

Yes, but the culture effects need to be redone, they aren't very effective as is.

if it's a bad religion, then how about removing it if it don't have any good benefits. Replace it with something else, or change it so that we can make a temple out of it and have a chance that one of our people can become a drake-man, or something else. I don't like religion that don't do anything good.

Keal, that's a great Idea, instead of staying at Age of Rebirth, make a set year that will occur into another age, like for example, Age of Rebirth is the first Age and it will end at the year 200, 201 is the new age, The Age of Fire, some of the terrains, even the island will be transformed into volcanoes and become pits of lava that can degrade or destory your things. After the year 400, another age will appear, the Age of leaves, a environmental age that all tarrains transform into forest and jungles, very useful for the people who have the Fellowship of Leaves. After the Year 600, the Age of Ice will began, a Age that tarrains become tundra and snow, and the seas covered with Ice, like an Ice Age. After the Year 800, the Age of apocalypse, where things will go chaos then after the final turn, the world explodes and the Ages restarts itself to become another Age of Rebirth after the planet is reconstructed.

I just wanted to say thank you to all the people who created FFHII. Not only does this Mod increase the complexity of civ, but it also has great fantasy graphics. I'll be playing this Mod for months if not years. Thanks again.

Also, I sure hope you guys actually work for Firaxis because I can honestly say you outdid the original game designers of Civ IV in many ways. Since I can't expect to continue to get such fabulous games for free, I hope that the FFHII team can work with Firaxis to develop a game which incorporates a secret society function along with the religion dynamic. I would love to play a game which had the religious dynamic replete with a secret society function--which generates random events. I would also like to see ecological random events incorporated into civilization. I really like the spell caster units and it would be cool if spies had such dynamic promotions, in a realistic game.

If you ever want another civ fanatic to test your games, let me know.

Kael said:
I should have enough playtest results by Monday to set a public release date.

Hehe... I couldn't have chosen a better time to get home from my girlfriend it would seem. (I just missed 10 days of news in this forum :eek:)

Really looking forward to see what plans you have for the next release (and how they work out) :goodjob:

jselsmark said:
Hehe... I couldn't have chosen a better time to get home from my girlfriend it would seem. (I just missed 10 days of news in this forum :eek:)

Really looking forward to see what plans you have for the next release (and how they work out) :goodjob:

The changelist for 0.14 can be found here: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=171497

Treant generator... I'm invading through an ancient forest and the Treant was generated, but upon killing him another treant popped rather than allowing me to occupy the square.

Is there anything that allows for quick coastal raiding, like the vikings did? I was thinking that the Lanun should be able to do it. I didn't give any of the boarding party units additional movement points though. Can you exit the ship, pillage an improvement, then return to the ship before the victim can raise their troops?

Gyspy Caravans.
Ok, it say's that they reduce the culture of other civs cities, and give you some gold.
How much? does it increase with distance or time, or decrease.
Does a caravan that stops in a city for 5 turns then moves to another city for 5 turns, does this increase the benifits or decrease them. In other words, is it better to have Gypsies in your city for only 5 turns, or is it worse for 10 turns.
Does having a caravan in anothers lands increase their weariness towards your civ, or make no differance?

O, and can someone please fix my PC, think the fan is broken and keeps crashing when I use process power........ like play this game :( :cry: :cry:

hawkeye72 said:
Treant generator... I'm invading through an ancient forest and the Treant was generated, but upon killing him another treant popped rather than allowing me to occupy the square.

I have yet to see an ancient forest! Not even one! IS there a prerequisite?

VladTepes said:
I have yet to see an ancient forest! Not even one! IS there a prerequisite?

Yes, you have to worship the Fellowship of the Leaves. If you do there is a small chance per turn that the forests in your land will become ancient forests.

O, and can someone please fix my PC, think the fan is broken and keeps crashing when I use process power........ like play this game

My condolences to you and your computer. I had a similar problem where my motherboard temp would keep rising while playing a game and hit thershold in minutes and then crash or making warning sounds. It turned out that my fan on the north bridge of my board stopped working. Replacing fans is not a headache to do, I am sure you can have it fixed in an hour. Are you allowed to open the case or do you have a warrenty seal that prevents it?

Burevix said:
Are you allowed to open the case or do you have a warrenty seal that prevents it?

Warrenty Seal!!! I don't understand :confused:

hehehe, nah, i had it open yesterday anyway, my mate (worked in pc repair shop) made the PC for me (1/2 price of shop/internet pc, but he had to set everything up, even set motherboard up), think he would kill me if I ever got a shop pc, only problem is, he does not live near me now :(

Lanun Ideas:

1. Couldn't the Boarding Party unit have a starting promotion that is a watered down mix of City Raider I and Amphibious? For Example, call it Buccaneer, with +20% City Raider and +25% Amphibious. Both City Raider I would and Amphibious could then still added as promotions, making these units excellent for sea based attacks. For balance: Add a negative to defense, have them increase unhappiness (due to drunken lawlessness) or higher maintenance cost.

2. Any thought of nautical great leaders, like "Great Admirals"? Something that would enhance the nautical flair of the game.

3. More naval promotions: Extra Movement, Submersible, added spells for Arcane Barge (with regular promotions like other mages get.)

4. Naval Heroes.

Top Bottom