Satyrs vs. Hunters (Hunters win)

Slightly off topic...
Sirens, with a song spell (dimentional rel?) for OO
Gremlins with a anti catapult promotion???

Just some semi random thoughts

Random (but not necessarily any good) idea to improve Satyr:
Add camp effect. If no animals are around to mesmerism, perhaps it could spawn random animals based on terrain? Chance would have to be somewhat low though and perhaps they'd disappear after a few turns?

Gremlins with a anti catapult promotion?
In BTS, wouldn't that be Flank Siege Units perhaps or a straight +100% vs. Siege Units and the War Machine?

I would grant them woodsman II and/or the ability to summon forest animals for 1 turn instead of enthralling them, or in addition to (simply because more often than not there's nothing to enthrall at the time you usually would build them).

I think for the satyr, an outright summoning ability would be too powerful. How about a chance of attracting a woodland creature when in forest or ancient forest? Of just one turn duration like summons, and only, say, a 20% chance to attract one of the lesser creatures? That would be too unreliable to exploit but a nice trimming which fits the flavour and better justifies the extra research and hammer cost.

Naturally, the attracting creature event would be accompanied by a burst of panpipes... :)

I would like it if Fol would allow players to create elven worker units or maybe give players a way to upgrade normal workers to elven, of course it could give some characters a bit to large of an advantage, i think Fol is to weak for any non elveln character.

for the satyr i think it would be good to give him a large boost(maybe like 40-60% prior to woodsman I &II) to forest attack/deffense but give him a -% effect for when he is attacking/defending outside of a forest.

would it be possible to give cumulative bonus to all your units while forest attacking/defending based on how much nature mana you have (maybe like 5% per node), i realize that would make elves much stronger with nature mana.

I'd love if they had a chance to start with different abilities like someone said already- some with summon guardian wines, some could entangle, some charm, some could summon wolves...

In fact, why was summon tiger ability removed?

Could we have druids shapeshifting into bears? (In addition to combat promotion, they would get enraged, empower 1-5, heroic strength I,II, regenerate for free while in bear form, but transformation would take 1 turn and they couldn't cast while bears.

Even better, transform into hawk. As a hawk, he could 'rebase' (and therefore travel into any your city or on ranger) in a single turn, then transform back. I don't know about AI though.

EDIT: Bear Druid would retain its nature affinity, and with heroic strength 1,2 and free promotions he would be quite powerful.

Summon Tiger was removed because the AI was particuarly annoying with it, constantly summoning hidden nationality tigers and attacking everyone with them every turn. Who knew the elves were such bad neighbors. ;)

why not have satyrs get +1str with wine ??? :D

and druids shape-shifting to bears seems a lot taken from warcraft ....
there are no other lore going to that....

but it may be fun to hae satyr get summon wolves or bears or pantere for 1 turn. as those are at most 4str, it would be as summoning something of the same base str, which has low attack vs city, and very low attack vs hunters that are aplenty in Ai games, so not very powerful. just helpful

why not have satyrs get +1str with wine ??? :D
and druids shape-shifting to bears seems a lot taken from warcraft ....
there are no other lore going to that....

Your right...aside from Dungeons and Dragons...which FfH was created for. :p

Personally I just played a game where I concentrated on satyrs and I found them very effective units. So I dont think we will be giving them a major boost (summoned units or such). We will probably stay with the flavor ability (a spell to capture animals without combat) and the upgrade to a satyr specific unit.

Personally I just played a game where I concentrated on satyrs and I found them very effective units. So I dont think we will be giving them a major boost (summoned units or such). We will probably stay with the flavor ability (a spell to capture animals without combat) and the upgrade to a satyr specific unit.

i'll hurry with the finalart for that :) i think you will like it :p

Yeah. How about when you are building a satyr you get +5% build for each forest/ancient forest/etc in the city's radius. Synergy with FoL.

I would like it if Fol would allow players to create elven worker units or maybe give players a way to upgrade normal workers to elven, of course it could give some characters a bit to large of an advantage, i think Fol is to weak for any non elveln character.

On the FfH Wiki, there's a mod-mod that allows you to do just that. They limited the number of Elven Workers to five, and it was not too imbalancing.

I was playing the Kuriotates, adopted Guardian Of Nature, had nothing but Ancient Forests in my kingdom, cities were of size 30-35... but by that time I also had high priests, and the Balseraphs were running around with crazed and mutated high priests as well.

So it is a very nice addition to the game, and not too bad for balance.

Yeah. How about when you are building a satyr you get +5% build for each forest/ancient forest/etc in the city's radius. Synergy with FoL.

And maybe a bit more of a bonus when fighting in forests...
But I like that idea quite a bit.

Top Bottom