Download BUG and BAT Here!

Well, boys and girls, as we fly headlong into the destruction of the world, we can continue to celebrate!

BAT 2.3 has been released! And it is now available for download as either a zip file, or a standard executable installer. See the first post in this thread for the download location.

This is an interim release to accommodate the new BUG (4.4) and BULL (1.2) version releases, with some minor art fixes. The mod itself hasn't changed much, but now you get the goodness of the new BUG and BULL versions.

Stay tuned, more to come soon. :)

I have a question about BAT. I am using v2.3 from this thread's download link with the Steam version of BtS. When I play single player games, Blue Marble and BUG are both obviously active. However, when I make a LAN game (even if I'm the only human), only Blue Marble is active. There are no signs of BUG, no [ctrl]-[shift]-[O] menu, none of the extra progress bars, nothing that I can notice. Is this normal? Does the BUG component automatically shut down for MP games?

I'm not too familiar with mods and MP.

I have a question about BAT. I am using v2.3 from this thread's download link with the Steam version of BtS. When I play single player games, Blue Marble and BUG are both obviously active. However, when I make a LAN game (even if I'm the only human), only Blue Marble is active. There are no signs of BUG, no [ctrl]-[shift]-[O] menu, none of the extra progress bars, nothing that I can notice. Is this normal? Does the BUG component automatically shut down for MP games?

I'm not too familiar with mods and MP.
Please do not post questions in this thread, they will not be answered. This thread is for release notices only. Please ask any BAT related questions in the BAT Errata thread, or in the Bug Reporting thread. We will be more than happy to answer your questions there.

Thank you.

Ok kiddies, the long awaited next release of the BAT Mod is finally here! :band:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=274636

Yes, this is the new improved version 3.0, and before you ask, it does not run on Civ5. :p

As always, the BUG team has been working hard for your enjoyment. This major release of BAT contains some extra goodness not found in previous versions, and some patches and fixes. Most notably, the Varietas Delectat component has been thoroughly optimized by Avain for speed and stability. The graphics textures also use less memory as most of the unit poly counts are lower.

Less memory = fewer MAF's = more fun!! :D

In this version of BAT, you will find:

- The BUG Mod 4.4 1/2* - by the knowledgeable members of the BUG Team (That means not me.)
* This is a slightly "pre-release" version of BUG. All of the new goodies, but minus a couple of last minute tweaks. These will be addressed later in a service pack for BAT.

- The BUG DLL (BULL) 1.3 - Also by the knowledgeable members of the BUG Team (That also means not me. I leave the hard work to the pros.)
- BULL includes:
- The Unofficial Patch 1.50
- Sentry actions
- Global Warming Mod
- Governor builds workers
- Fractional Trade Routes
- Female Great People (Ok, I helped a little with BULL.)
- Anything else that EF and Ruff have thrown in and not told me about.

Mods included in BAT 3.0:
Spoiler :

•Varietas Delectat 9.2 (Cheetah Edition) by Avain
•Cultural Diversity 1.1 by Chugginator (Optimized by Avain.)
•Cultural Citystyles 0.99 by GeoModder (Optimized by Avain.)
•Actual Quotes - Better Diplomacy Text by Willowmound
•Better Flags & Buttons by KingKongTR
•Improved Graphics Leaderheads by Chuginator
•Blue Marble 4.50 by Kai Fiebach
•Advanced Combat Odds by Piece of Mind
•NEW! Events with Images Mod by asioasioasio, Renegade Chicken and EmperorFool. Images by Arian.
•NEW! Female Unit Graphics (Great People, CEO's and Missionaries) by SaibotLieh. Code by Lemon and EF.
•NEW! Lemon's Movie Mod by Lemon Merchant, with slices, dices, and interpolations of music from Cybrxkhan's Diplomacy Music Packs. Used with his gracious permission.
A note about the movie mod:
Spoiler :
These are little movies for the Shrines and National Wonders. The available ones for download were very good, but so darn long, and i felt that they broke the flow of the game. I created new ones with an individual length of 15 seconds each, with new music, so that they would be a little less obtrusive. The music has also had the volume leveled out so that it's closer to the volume levels in the game.

Developers:
Alerum68
Dresden
EmperorFool
NikNaks
ruff_hi
Lemon Merchant

Translators:
Deutsch - The Doc
Espanol - Coming soon!
Français - Falc
Italiano - Cammagno

Special thanks:
Spoiler :

- EmperorFool, for his advice and support, and for getting me into this mess.
- Ruff_Hi for his always kind, if occasionally incomprehensible words.
- Alerum68 for setting the BAT quality bar so high.
- Avain and SaibotLieh (and the people they credit) for their advice and assistance in porting their mods, and for making them in the first place.
- Afforess, Fuyu, Baldyr, and Phungus420 for their generous help when it was needed.
- The patient fans of BAT who have put up with some errors, and have been kind enough to let us know about them, and make suggestions.
- And finally, my lovely and captive Beta tester, Mrs. Andréa ("Sweetie, what the heck is the point of this game again?") "Merchant".

The file is available as an installer only.

If you are using BAT 3.0, please uninstall and download 3.0.1 and re-install. There's an embarrassing bug in 3.0. Not game breaking, but embarrassing...

As always, if you find errors or issues, please post them (constructively please) in the BAT Errata thread. :)

Enjoy!

-LM

Spoiler :

- Ruff_Hi for his always kind, if occasionally incomprehensible words.
What are you talking about - I always answer in english! Maybe that is the problem and you want me to answer in American. I am so language confused at the moment that I don't know which word American's know and which one they don't. I could use leet or Loglan if you would like but I am guessing that it would be even more incomprehensible.
Spoiler :

well - at least LM said I was kind :)

What are you talking about - I always answer in english! Maybe that is the problem and you want me to answer in American.
I don't speak American. Only my spell checker does. :p

And yes, you are a very kind man, and a spiffy modder, too. ;)

I don't know which word American's know and which one they don't.

That's easy. If the word has more then five letters, the average American doesn't know it.

yes, but my question is really is it 'trash can' or 'rubbish bin', 'footpath' or 'side walk'? Some are easy, but with others, I am so use to both versions that I don't know which to use for my poor american friends. Its actually pretty easy ... but it does involve trial and error. You use a word, notice the blank look at start to insert synonyms until they smile and nod.

"Trash can", "rubbish bin", "dust bin", "abomination", "dirty slut" - oops! That was my Mum. :lol:

It's too bad you Aussies only speak English, When I really want to mess up someone North American, I slip in a Gaeilge word or two, and then act like I was speaking English. Great fun in a pub. :lol:

every nation has their short hand. Obviously, you haven't heard of strine. Here are some examples:

airfridge: the result that you get if you sum some numbers and then divide by their count
emachisit: an inquiry concerning the price for an object

I can only find the one link from sourceforge to download BAT mod 3.0 and it doesn't work. Can anyone help me with this?

"Unable to find any mirror information for the "/The BAT Mod (BTS v.319)/BAT Mod 3.0/The BAT Mod v 3.0 Installer.exe" file. Please select another file. "

I don't see any other mirrors.

I'm uploading the fixed BAT 3.0.1 installer right now. It should be available in about a half hour. We pulled 3.0 because it had a serious bug in it.

Thanks for responding in 30 minutes or less. I was starting to get impatient. :king:

Yup. I have no control over that one. Sorry. You sort of have to go down the thread to see the newer releases.

CDA is great but if I have to restart game the CDA reverts back to pre-customized version.

How do I keep my version thru out the entire game

BAT 3.0.1 CTD Fix

Thanks to the assistance of Balnor, the latest winner in the "Hugs from Lemon" contest, we may actually have a fix for that annoying crash to desktop that sometimes plagues the BAT Mod.

Please download the following zip file, and unzip the contents to your BAT Mod 3.0\Assets\XML\Audio folder, replacing the two files that are there.

That's it!

If you still get CTD's, post in the BAT Errata thread, please. :)

http://forums.civfanatics.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=287935&d=1303256585

Top Bottom