PitBoss Turn Timer problems

Sombus

Chieftain
I set up a 14 player pitboss game on a p600 we had sitting around the office set to switch the turn every 12 hours. I also added a 15th 'pace player' who never takes his turn. Thusly ensuring that the turn will only flip after 12 hours have passed. In this way we are force to ONLY take 2 turns a day and not get super obsessed with the game, and errode productivity.

That was the theory but so far as I've been running pitboss the turn timer seems to lag behind real time. Within 24 hours the turn timer has seemingly slipped 5 hours behind. The computer clock is on point but this pitboss timer is not. I was wondering if any of you have encountered this sort of problem and if so what is the solution?

Yeah, this is a pitboss problem, nothing specifically to do with BtS. Generally it lags about 10-15%, sounds like you're seeing more lag than usual. Set the turns for 10hrs/turn and let your players know that it's really more like 12 in actuality.

We have a PitBoss server that was supposed to have turn duration of 24 hours. When I entered 24 hours, it was lagging 2-3 hours behind, so I had to decrease that time - try out 10 hours - it should be fine.
PitBoss always worked like this.

Was the Pitboss file I see in BTS any different to that released earlier?

Top Bottom