Poser Figures and Props for Kinboat's Paperdoll

utahjazz7

Deity
Zulu9812 asked that I post some of the items that I use for Kinboat's paperdoll for others to use, if they so wish. So, here is the first batch. I'll post more, as I make them. I have not posted everything, so if there is something that you would like that has not been posted, ask me via PM or e-mail--I might still have the file somewhere. I'm just not sure. The problem is that every so often I burn the folders containing the files for my units onto CD's and then deleted them from my hard drive. Therefore, not everything is always handy. I will edit the first post each time I upload new items.

Please, post only if you are uploading Poser props and figures made specifically for the paperdoll. There are other threads for posting general 3D models.

Update #1, post 12 (July 18, 2005)
Update #2, post 25 (January 19, 2006)
Update #3, post 27 (January 30, 2006)
Update #4, post 30 (February 11, 2006)
Update #5, post 34 (February 14, 2006)
Update #6, post 37 (March 4, 2006)
Update #7, post 39 (July 25, 2006)
Update #8, post 108 (April 13, 2007)
Update #9, post 110 (June 5, 2007)
Update #10, post 121 (July 1, 2007)
Update #11, post 138 (August 31, 2007)
Update #12, post 148 (April 28, 2008)
Update #13, post 149 (July 4, 2008)
Update #14, post 169 (July 17, 2008)
Update #15, post 176 (July 26, 2008)

CONFORMING FIGURES

Download. Top used for my Polmee.

Download. This is a head covering used for my Longbowman. It's designed to be worn with Kinboat's Serf Suit.

Download. This is long hair that fits with just the paperdoll--no clothing.

Download. This long hair fits with the paperdoll and the cape prop posted below.

Download. These are sandals that I made for my Oscan Companion.

Download. This is the body armor for my Sherdan Swordsman.

Download. These are the shinguards with cloth underneath that the Sherdan Swordsman wore.

PROPS

Download. This is a morphable cape. It should be parented to the paperdoll's chest. With resizing, it should pass over most clothing figures.

Download. This is a helmet to be parented to the paperdoll's head. It's designed to be worn over the long hair figure that fits with the cape above. With a little resizing, it should fit just the paperdoll's head.

Download. This is the longbow prop that I used for my longbowman. There is a draw morph for it. It's not the best, but it works.

Update #1, post 12 (July 18, 2005)
Update #2, post 25 (January 19, 2006)
Update #3, post 27 (January 30, 2006)
Update #4, post 30 (February 11, 2006)
Update #5, post 34 (February 14, 2006)
Update #6, post 37 (March 4, 2006)
Update #7, post 39 (July 25, 2006)
Update #8, post 108 (April 13, 2007)
Update #9, post 110 (June 5, 2007)
Update #10, post 121 (July 1, 2007)
Update #11, post 138 (August 31, 2007)
Update #12, post 148 (April 28, 2008)
Update #13, post 149 (July 4, 2008)
Update #14, post 169 (July 17, 2008)
Update #15, post 176 (July 26, 2008)

Actually the Shield prop for the Carthaginian figure came from a package over at PoserPros, so I can't distribute it here. I could always post the texture map here, and you could buy the Atlantean Guard - it is only $2.49, after all

Well, the texture isn't of much interest for me, really.
I want it, cause it's exactly the mycenean greek traditionally used sheild(8-shaped).
Thanks for the heads up though. I think I have that one under consideration, but, I've managed to put my card in a condition I can't use it so much(at all really).

I'm using Rhinoceros 2.0 to model. Then I save them in .3ds format and import them into Poser5. Then, I either parent the models to a body part and add them to my Poser library as smart props. Or, I enter the Setup room and convert the models into conforming figures for Kinboat's paperdoll.

CivArmy s. 1994 said:
Utahzazz, Flamescreen, thanks! :)
I'll check Rhinoceros 2.0 and these others softwares for 3D objects and I hope start make some props to be used in Poser soon :goodjob:

It's Rhino 3.0 now. 2.0 is old.

Here are a couple of new things I've used in my most recent units.

CONFORMING FIGURES

Download. This is a pair of Kinboat's pants with a morph applied to them. I used them with my Russian Horse Archer to make it look like he had a long coat on.

PROPS

Download. This is the shield from my Celtic Warrior. Texture map included.

Download. The hat from my Partisan unit.

Download. The larger of my Partisan's two guns.

Download. The helmet of my Russian Horse Archer.

These props are really great! Thank you so much.

Utahjazz7, would it be possible for you or any other modeler with a kind heart to post a version of your celtic warrior without those two extra bump things on the front? I've been trying to put one flat image over it and its incredibly hard to get everything to line up. If it would take you a while just tell me and I'll try something else, but I think it should just be a few clicks.

utahjazz7 said:
@gunner

Simply set the "bumps" to be invisible. That'll take care of the problem.
How can I do that? In Daz Studio at least, the whole shield is treated as one item. Is there a way I could somehow set the "bumps" invisible through their part of the texture?

It isn't really that big of a deal anymore. I changed the design of the shield to actually use the "bumps" rather than try to ignore them. But I'd still like to know how to do it in the future.

Well, I really have no idea about DAZ Studio, just Poser. But, in Poser, the shield is also one item: Shield. However, the shield has, I think, five different materials. There's the back, front trim, front, and the two "bumps". Each of these seperate materials can be changed independently of the others; you can make just the bumps invisible without affecting the other elements.

Okay, good. I really didn't know what the problem would have been. I'm glad you figured it out.

Top Bottom