[CAT/CEG 3.5] Some civilopedia tech glitches

lockstep

Prince
  • CEG: The late industrial techs (tier 10) list their "Leads to" tech(s) twice; the early modern techs (tier 11) list their prerequisite tech(s) twice.
  • CAT: Sometimes, the "abilities" of a tech will actually show the abilities of whatever unit or building one perused immediately before. No discernable pattern when/why this happens.

• CAT: Sometimes, the "abilities" of a tech will actually show the abilities of whatever unit or building one perused immediately before. No discernable pattern when/why this happens.

I'm not quite sure what you mean by this. Could you give some examples?

This is very similar to a phenomenon I saw during the coding of some the unique buildings.

If the current page in the civilopedia is looking for a value that isn't yet defined in the database it will display the next best value that it has, ie the last displayed value.

It showed up for me with regard to the icon image files. As they, at the time weren't included, the icon for the last page showed.

I'm not 100% sure about this but a check would be easy.

I've seen similar. Anytime in the civilopedia I'm on an entry that shouldn't have an abilities section, it shows the abilities section from the previous entry. Or if there is no previous section, an empty box that says abilites at the top. v3.5.

Also, there are entries for scientific buildings, but most (non-unique ones) can only be accessed from links in other entries. There's no link in the buildings tab of the civilopedia.

• CEG: The late industrial techs (tier 10) list their "Leads to" tech(s) twice; the early modern techs (tier 11) list their prerequisite tech(s) twice.

Both bugs are still present in 3.6.

CAT: Sometimes, the "abilities" of a tech will actually show the abilities of whatever unit or building one perused immediately before. No discernable pattern when/why this happens.

This one is proving to be fairly tricky to trace. Something todo with how the 'labels' are reused inside the CivilopediaScreen.xml and how to keep unused labelled boxes from displaying. Still looking.

CEG: The late industrial techs (tier 10) list their "Leads to" tech(s) twice; the early modern techs (tier 11) list their prerequisite tech(s) twice.

This one is now sorted. Should be available in the next release. A simple error of their Prereqtechs being listed twice in CER_TechPrereqs.xml.

Thanks for going through all the bugs you've reported and letting us know whether it's fixed or not. Both of these bugs have been fixed in the upcoming 3.8 release.

Thanks to you, Thalassicus and his team for fixing quite a lot of bugs! I'm looking forward to the upcoming wonders/policies changes -- I may not agree with each and every one, but the Communitas mod is shaping up really nice!

Top Bottom