3.8.1 Mongol UA?

Volver

Chieftain
I don't know if this is actually a "bug", so if this thread is misplaced, I apologize.

Attached is a screenshot of a recent game in which Genghis has claimed three city-states with his UA on turn 19 (epic speed). I can only assume that he simply ran into them with his scout and the discrepancy between his starting units and the city-states' lack thereof was enough to compel their surrender.

Is this how it is supposed to work? If so very well. But they're off the board before anyone else can even meet them for "hello" gold. If it's possible to code, I think including some sort of time-delay function, to compensate for the difference in major civ and city-state starting units, would be great. This seems to dramatically alter the game's opening moves in way that a human playing as the Mongols could never pull off.

Attachments

• Capture2.jpg
    Capture2.jpg
    262.7 KB · Views: 190
I think in general the Mongol UA is pretty overpowered in the sense that it's remarkably easy to threaten city states. I'd much prefer a BONUS to threatening them rather than them surrendering, eg. extra units and gold.

Need to play a game as him. I agree I seldom want to take a city-state; when the old policy that granted x turns of alliance of whatever is back in though that might change.

I've also noticed that like most AIs he has trouble managing the happiness mechanic. Every time I've fought him he's puppeted himself to or beyond the brink of barb spawn unhappiness, yet he's still trying to take more cities with his totally handicapped army.

I didn't realize there isn't an option not to puppet - wow! Be careful where you move your armies!

You can try raising the cap by modifying CEG\Leaders\CEL_Events.lua line 315:

PHP:
		if cs:IsAliveCiv() and cs:IsMinorCiv() and cs:CanMajorBullyUnit(playerID) and cs:IsAtPeace(player) then

Basically changing CanMajorBullyGold to CanMajorBullyUnit since there's a higher cap for bullying CS for units.

Top Bottom