Venecian Pyramids yield impotent settler

Kakafika

Warlord
Building The Pyramids as Venice yields a settler (I believe Vanilla gives a Merchant of Venice).

I wasn't going to say anything because I think it would be cool to give Venice one chance to build another city (even though it could be said it goes against the whole point of Venice...), but when I got him to the excellent city spot that put me in agony upon discovery (back when I was exploring my immediate area, even knowing I wouldn't be building any cities) I realized there was no option to build a city.

Must have gotten some disease doing god-knows-what down in those pyramids...

I'm not sure what if anything should be done with this.

As you say, you can't found new cities, so why build a wonder that gives you settlers?

I guess it could be possible to put error-checking code in place to stop the user from making that choice, but why?
It's like the patient that says:
"Doctor, it hurts whenever I do this!" Doctor: "Then don't do that!":crazyeye:

Any other change to wonders that give bonuses that are incompatible with certain civs is just making change for the extremely few times it might happen.

Yes, I was expecting to get a Merchant of Venice, as it is in Vanilla :sad:

I certainly wouldn't have built it had I not seen the Vanilla tooltip that says you get a MoV! And the liberty settler policy works like it does in Vanilla, despite the tooltip not saying so :crazyeye:

:egypt::egypt::egypt::egypt::egypt:

Top Bottom