Conquistador bug

jwerano

Wonderstacker
the conquistador has the "unwanted evangelist" so while in enemy territory fighting a war or just passing through any open territory its faith power depletes per turn and when it hits 0 the conquistador dies same as a missionary. Also the conquistador dies after spreading religion 2x.

Also the faith bonus from spains conquest is pathetic and useless but thats a point i'll bring up in the leaders thread later.

I'll have to agree with you on this one.

Although it isn't really a 'bug' more of an error in design. Still, the end result is the same.

The intention here was to have a military unit that could do battle and help capture cities and then once taken they could be quickly converted to your religion.
Unfortunately all we end up with is some rather expensive missionaries on horseback.:D

The Great Prophets don't have that promotion, I guess the simple thing to do is just remove it. Although if we want to convert cities quickly now, it would be better to have a handful of missionaries in the rear ready to come through and 'do their thing'.
That way the Conquistador could be given a better bonus, what I don't know.

Can you give them a 1-shot inquisitor effect (that doesn't consume the unit but can only be used once) rather than a missionary effect?
That would avoid the faith power depletion issue, and might be more useful, as missionaries really don't do much to convert cities that already have religious followers, and has some flavor for Spain.

I was hoping that removing that promotion would make them convert cities in the way Great Prophets do. Unfortunately they can't even do that. It seems the ability of the Great Prophet is a hard-coded thing and can't be given to other units in the same way as other abilities.

So what we have now is just the vanilla conquistador.:(

I haven't played Spain since I made the change, so I am hoping it is just reverted to vanilla. I removed all the faith related stuff from it, so it should be ok.

Oh, and another thing, that Faith per city conquered ability. Blah. I can't see the benefit as being a "benefit". Spain may need an overhaul too.

Top Bottom