3.9.3 Policy Bugs?

Kakafika

Warlord
Hi, I believe I have encountered a few bugs with the policy roll-out:

1. Patronage opener does not reveal city-states (I even ended turn to be sure).
2. Piety: Unity does not start a Golden Age (I think it's supposed to...)

Also, I realize many things haven't yet been added to the BNW mod, but one thing I always appreciated was accumulating Golden Age points during a Golden Age. Is this still a planned feature of the mod? It's just one of those little things that bothers me to no end... (pausing happiness buildings to avoid unnecessary maintenance costs, etc)

I'm glad to see this mod still being developed, as I can't stand playing without it. I always end up noticing the 'little' things that other mods overlook! And a special thanks to those community members that have recently taken an even more active role in development! Your work is very much appreciated

EDIT:

3. Tradition: Ceremonial Rites did not give bonus culture to my monument.

@Kakafika

Thank you for the posting.

We are aware that there are some major errors with the way the policies opening and closing bonuses are(not) given.

Some happen to all policies regardless of what you choose.
Some incorrectly give bonuses or the wrong bonuses.

The whole team is currently engaged in tracking down these faults and fixes are being made. Check the downloads every so often and see. We are already up to 3.9.3 so work is taking place.

Thanks for the response.

Yes, I read some bug posts right after 3.9 so I waited until 3.9.3 to download it. I didn't see any new policy bug posts on 3.9.3 so I thought I'd make these known, in case they weren't already ;)

I'm playing through my game regardless, as I happened to get a Venice start on my own small island with marble and 2 city states :cool:

Some more issues

1. Loading a game where you had taken the policy that gives walls to all your cities seems to keep that policy highlighted but does not reinstore the walls. Also I NEED to check this with Babylon.

2. Ceremonial rites gives a theater de facto, even if you have no monument in the city. Have not checked to see if it gives the highest availiable culture building though.

Are you sure you were getting the walls from REPUBLIC in the first place? I think the policy may be bugged in the first place.

Nevermind.

I haven't seen anyone mention it elsewhere, but but the Wealth/Commerce opener didn't do anything for me, while all the others I tried worked fine. 3.9.3.

Same here, the opener in wealth did not add the +15% AND the pick that gives +1 gold to villages and +1 prod to mines quaries etc, did not add the +1 production.

It is strange that the walls of the liberty policy are given to newly conquered cities.

Same here, the opener in wealth did not add the +15% AND the pick that gives +1 gold to villages and +1 prod to mines quaries etc, did not add the +1 production.

It is strange that the walls of the liberty policy are given to newly conquered cities.

Protectionism (+1 gold to villages and +1 prod to mines) should be fixed in the next patch. The walls in conquered cities is a balance issue and should be brought up in the policies thread.

Perhaps the table used in the Protectionism policy could be used for the Wealth opener.

The text for Protectionism doesn't describe it, but the database seems to indicate an overall increase of +10% to both :c5gold: & :c5production:.

If the Policy_YieldModifiers table is used with a +15% to :c5gold: & :c5production: that should do the trick, shouldn't it?

That would of course mean an even greater boost once the Protectionism policy can be taken.

Perhaps having two policies in the same tree that do much the same thing isn't a good idea.

Top Bottom