Let the Galaxy Burn!

Update: Finally finished the Chaos civs and have begun work on the Dark Eldar. I have added their units into the mod (at least, the units I am using as place holder graphics for them) and will be working on adding improvements and a little light play testing to make sure all of their gameplay features work properly. To simulate the fact that the Dark Eldar are pretty much just pirates and raiders, almost all of their units will have the "hidden nationality" flag so they can conduct raids without starting a war with everyone. This is because they only have two spots on the map that will allow them to raid the galaxy and they are not built for straight-up fights, so I didn't want them to get crushed in the first 20 turns by getting caught up in wars they can't win. All of their units also have the enslave ability that will create a "Slave" unit which they can return to their capital for victory points. That is how the Dark Eldar are supposed to win in this mod, since I didn't really give them the capabilities or strength to take and hold planets.

Update: Dark Eldar are in the mod, and all their stuff is working properly so far, so it's on to the Craftworld Eldar now. They should be easy to add to the mod so it should only take me a week to finish them as well. The week after though is when I start work on the Imperial civilizations. They are going to take a while to finish since most of the gameplay features and special units in the mod belong to one of the Imperial civs.

Now on to something I meant to talk about in the last update but forgot: Screenshots. I feel this mod is not garnering as much attention primarily because I have not posted any screenshots of my progress. I understand that and I am fine with that, but I will not be posting screenshots until I reach the play-testing phase of the mod (so basically, when it is approximately 90% ready for release). So to any of you out there who are following this mod: don't worry, the screenshots will come and the lack of screenshots does not mean I am not taking the development of this mod seriously.

Update: Eldar are done. Now it is on to the monster that is going to be the Imperial civs. I think it will take me a couple weeks to get them done. The good news is once the Imperial civs are complete, I plan on doing some playtesting, which means the first screenshots of the mod will probably come within the next few weeks. I am actually very pleased with how smooth this mod development has been going.

After a long hiatus I have finally resumed work on this mod. I pretty much gave up on it because I discovered a fundamental flaw in my design for the mod which meant I would have to start pretty much from scratch and I didn't feel like starting over at the time. Well, I now have renewed vigor and interest in this mod and am officially resuming work on it.

I have made some changes to how things are going to work in the mod that should streamline both the development of the mod and the actual gameplay. The biggest change is the unit list for each civ. The lists haven't been finalized yet, but suffice it to say that list I posted back on the first page is no longer accurate. I have also decided to eliminate air units from the mod so it will only be ground and naval units.

Top Bottom