Editor Documentation Errors

If it itn't more complete, it should be more clear : Everything is in one table.

I don't have Krikkitone's calculation.

I'll add it to the URL list undfer "Terrain".

Thanks, Supa.

-Oz

EDIT: Added to main list :)

-O.

For “City Elimination”...I’ve been told that this means a Civ is wiped out if a single Civ is eliminated.

Hi Oz, there is a little typo in this passage: ...this means a Civ is wiped out if a single city is eliminated.

For the AI to use a worker unit as a worker, it can't have any flags other than the Terraform flag. If you give it another one it uses it for that instead.
Also, automate worker won't work with a second flag either.

Oddly, it's only workers that seem to be afflicted by that problem. Other units seem to be fine with several flags.

For the AI to use a worker unit as a worker, it can't have any flags other than the Terraform flag. If you give it another one it uses it for that instead.
Also, automate worker won't work with a second flag either.

Oddly, it's only workers that seem to be afflicted by that problem. Other units seem to be fine with several flags.

There seems to be quite a bit of question about this. I haven't experimented with it; I suppose I'll have to break down and play the Conquest myself, but doesn't the Rome one have legions with terrraform abilities?

There seems to be quite a bit of question about this. I haven't experimented with it; I suppose I'll have to break down and play the Conquest myself, but doesn't the Rome one have legions with terrraform abilities?

Legions can build roads, but they don't have the terraform flag, so the AI very rarely uses them for roads. I think that the AI sometimes uses units with military flags for terraforming (if available), but more often just fortifies them in a city or moves them around aimlessly.

One other tip for the FUBAR:
A unit cannot have the terraform flag unless it has all the terraform abilities (apart from build barracades) flagged. Damn annoying that one. :(

A unit with hidden nationality and "0" defense can't be attacked. It can attack, it has HP, and it otherwise acts like a normal unit, but if another unit tries to attack it, nothing happens. Both units remain unscathed, in the same tile. (At last a citation: Weasel Op found this one.)
Exception: Barbarian units can kill such a unit, and a Barbarian unit with hidden nationality and "0" defense dies when attacked (unless the unit is buildable by the attacker, then it's captured). My guess is that barbarians somehow negates the hidden nationality flag.

Talking about barbarians, this article about getting skilled warriors from goody huts might be interesting. I don't agree about some of the results though; when testing like Doc did I got the result that in order to get a certain unit from a goody hut it must enabled for all participating civs (eg. in basic C3C: if Sumeria is in, noone will get a Warrior from a goody hut because Sumeria can't build it since they have the Enkidu Warrior instead) and all of these must have the required tech for it (unless it's "None"). Also certain flags like "Wheeled" (the only one I've discovered so far) can't be set for the unit, otherwise you won't get it.
On the bright side: it doesn't matter if it's obsolete or if you don't have the required resources; you'll get it anyway if the above conditions are met.

I'll be happy to be proven wrong of course.

Some other things I've found:

Plotinus wrote about city growth in this post, where he explained that if there's no improvement or wonder with the Allows City Size Level 2 flag (like an Aqueduct in basic C3C) all cities can grow beyond size 6 (basic C3C limit for city size level 1) and if there's no improvement or wonder with the Allows City Size Level 3 flag (like a Hospital) all cities can grow beyond size 12 (basic C3C limit for level 2).

About sacrificing units for culture, I've found that such a unit could be any unit (not just workers) but it must be tagged Sacrifice under Special Actions in the unit editor, and of a foreign nationality, e.g. one of your enslaved units or a unit with pop cost (e.g. worker) built in one of your newly conquered cities with only foreign citizens.

About enslavement, Lethal Bombardment can trigger enslavement just like ordinary combat.

About drafting, I've found that if several buildable units are draftable at the same time, the one with the highest Defense Strength will be drafted (if required resources for the unit can be traced into the city of course). If the highest Defense Strength is the same for several units, the one of those with the lowest Shield Cost will be built. If Defense Strength and Shield Cost are the same, the unit that comes first in the editor will be drafted.
Obsolete draftable units may be drafted only if they upgrade into a unit (draftable or non-draftable) that is temporarily unbuildable due to lack of required resources.

About drafting, I've found that if several buildable units are draftable at the same time, the one with the highest Defense Strength will be drafted (if required resources for the unit can be traced into the city of course). If the highest Defense Strength is the same for several units, the one of those with the lowest Shield Cost will be built. If Defense Strength and Shield Cost are the same, the unit that comes first in the editor will be drafted.
Obsolete draftable units may be drafted only if they upgrade into a unit (draftable or non-draftable) that is temporarily unbuildable due to lack of required resources.

It may be noted that this means that in epic C3C you can never draft a Guerilla unit, despite them having the draft flag; if you have Rubber you draft tougher Infantry and if not you draft cheaper Riflemen.

(Suggested fix: lower the cost of Guerilla to 60-70 shields.)

It may be noted that this means that in epic C3C you can never draft a Guerilla unit, despite them having the draft flag; if you have Rubber you draft tougher Infantry and if not you draft cheaper Riflemen.
Yep, that's how it goes, at least until you've discovered Rocketry which allows you to draft TOW infantry if you're short of oil or rubber or both.

Edit: Here's another one for the books. Giving an improvement or wonder a Bombard defense value means as we all know that this improvement/wonder can't be built in cities larger than size level 1 (in epic C3C size 7 or more). But any other effects of such an improvement/wonder will still be working in a city that's built it and then grown beyond size 6.
(E.g. if I for some reason would give Walls a 25% increase on production and give 1 happy face, it will continue to do so when the city grows larger than size 6. If I should disband/sell it I'll lose the shield increase and the happy face, and I couldn't build it again until my city is back on size 6 or less.)

Top Bottom