Civ 5 Confirmed Features

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I ruled an empire, I would definitely surround myself with hot women. :king:

The ability to chose the gender of your advisers would be an awesome feature. :mischief:

Did anyone else notice in the "Marble" screenshot that there appear to be workers? And that in the "Collosus" screenshot, it looks like it's under construction? Does that mean we'll be able to see buildings (or at least wonders) being constructed?

Did anyone else notice in the "Marble" screenshot that there appear to be workers? And that in the "Collosus" screenshot, it looks like it's under construction? Does that mean we'll be able to see buildings (or at least wonders) being constructed?

I don't know what screen shots you are referring to. It would help to have a link to each in question.

Noticed that this one is not posted yet....

Troop transports are gone. Now troops will transform themselfes in unit carrying boats with little str and navigate by their own means to the landing area.

Any info on governments and civics? i wish they make it more deep and realistic than it was in civ4.

Here is something I found very interesting and if your into the whole which civs get in thing you will too.

There are currently 25 leader flavours.

So if there is only 1 Leader Flavour per leader and we know there is only on leader per civ that may mean there is 25 civs in the game. I'll have to get me a copy and double check the info

Here is something I found very interesting and if your into the whole which civs get in thing you will too.

So if there is only 1 Leader Flavour per leader and only on leader per civ that may mean there is 25 civs in the game. I'll have to get me a copy and double check the info

Or it may mean there are 25 different flavours that are randomly shuffled to each of the 18 leaders.

Or it may mean that there are 25 different flavour parameters and each leader has 1 set of these (which are then randomly adjusted +/- 2 points).

Or it may mean there are 25 different flavours that are randomly shuffled to each of the 18 leaders.

Or it may mean that there are 25 different flavour parameters and each leader has 1 set of these (which are then randomly adjusted +/- 2 points).

also quite possible

- When you conquer a city you can form a Puppet-State. "The addition of puppet states is going to mitigate the tedium. Whenever you conquer a new city, you can choose for it to become a puppet state. This means that you reap the benefits of its research, culture and gold but don't get a say in what it produces."

- Weaker nations will be able to hold off powerful invaders through the use of choke-points, high ground and rivers.

- Units on high ground inflict more damage.

Source

Methinks I am not the only one to daydreaming after all... :)
I'll be enthusiastic if workers are still included in CiV.

So if there is only 1 Leader Flavour per leader and we know there is only on leader per civ that may mean there is 25 civs in the game. I'll have to get me a copy and double check the info

To clarify, I believe that a Leader's personality is made up of 25 flavours on a sliding scale. From the article:

Aside from making sure that the AI isn't a pushover, Ed's job is to individualise enemy nations so that they don't all follow the same generic patterns and plans. To this end he's introducing a "flavour" system. Every leader has a big set of tendencies and predispositions towards certain behaviour. Genghis Khan is more likely to declare war at the slightest provocation, while Queen Elizabeth will be somewhat obsessed with nabbing ports and building up a big navy.

There are about 25 implemented at the moment, including the likelihood of diplomatic cooperation. They're only tendencies, of course, that are factored into their overall plan for victory. So, if peacenik Gandhi works out that the only way to win is to fire a ICBM at the most densely populated city on the map, he'll probably still do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom