Delta_Strife's Ship Units

Ok so by zooming in and out that is better way of getting the ship to the size I want?

Edit: Yes same camera settings as yourself I just loaded your template deleted the model imported mine and moved it so the hull was sitting in the "water".

Edit 2: Played around with the zoom I see what you mean now! I have found a size that works for the ship. Loaded up your dreadnought and seeing that the Charlemagne is smaller worked with that because if I was to make it at scale (77 pixels) it looks too small. But now I am happy with its size compared to Dreadnought. So now I need to start animating! At least I think I am ready.

Pm me your email and I'll send you some things to help.

Status Update:

Thanks to Wrymshadow's help with the animation things are going as expected. All animations besides the attack is almost done. He was right did set my goal a little ambitious did not expect the rendering times for the death animation. All and all things are looking really good.

Went through a bit of learning curve trying to get everything the same size but I think I figured it out. I cannot wait to finish things up and see what it is like in the game. Should be able to post some pics hopefully by mid week if work is not too crazy this week.

Nice to see someone else see first hand how long it takes to make one of these things 'after' you've done all the hard work.

The unit is done!!!! The animations look really good in game just one tiny issue I think I messed up the palette because this is what happens in game. Anyone know how to fix this?

Not a tiny issue. You need to remake the flcs from the storyboards and correctly sample the transparent color instead of relying on someone else's pallete that may be directly match your colors.

Please check size and orientation as well. Did you use Wyrm's scale? Look at the boat above, the SE orientation seems to be different from yours.

I see what you mean about the SE orientation and now know how to fix it. It is the way the model sits in bryce so I will have to rerender the SE SW NE NW directions for all animations but that is ok all part of the learning curve. I tried to make my own palette so I will have to look to see what I did wrong there. Thanks for the help and spotting errors everyone!

Update: Unit is almost finished I fixed all the issues and I just sent it off for sounds. (At least I hope that is all that needs to be done).

Once again I would like to thank everyone that has had it a helping hand in this!

Ok the next model is done. Take a look at it and let me know if you think it is missing something or stuff needs to be changed before I import to bryce. I am going to tweak the colours once I import it into bryce so do not worry about that.

Let see who can guess what the Class of this french ship is!

Suffren perhaps ???

The Charlemagne was great. Keep it up.

Will you make some Armored Cruisers or just battleships/dreadnoughts ??

Top Bottom