Runaway City Growth and Mod Update News??

That link doesn't work.

Would it be difficult to post the current version of 3.7 for public consumption?

It seems like half the threads in the Bug Report forum contain a bug report followed by a post saying "oh, that's fixed on github already", but while these bugs have been fixed for a month they aren't in a release build yet.

I understand new features can take a lot of work and can take a while to complete, but just getting the bugfixes in the meantime would be really nice. I've stopped playing Civ because 3.6.2 just has too many gamebreaking bugs right now.

I tried replacing my ceg/cin/cat folders with ones I downloaded from github and it didn't work, but I couldn't find any step-by-step installation instructions for using github files.

Sorry about that. The repo is currently undergoing a reorganization currently and a lot of the older links will be broken.

Attached you will find a build with all the bug fixes but none of the experimental new features. As always your mileage may vary. Thal has released a prerelease, please go use that.

You can also find instructions on using github here: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=507997 using this branch: https://github.com/Thalassicus/cep-bnw

Many thanks stackpointer - just what I wished for, just when I wished for it :thumbsup:

To everyone that is champing at the bit to get the new release.

Word from Thalassicus is there will be a new release tomorrow with a later release featuring 'Wonders' later in the week. Possibly followed the next week with some tweaks to 'Policies'.

As always, this is the 'plan', there may be some glitches to that plan to iron out first.

Hang tight.

Quick question: Any significant differences between your temp pre-release, Stackpointer, and the one released by thal on the blog? No need for details; just to decide whether it's worth restarting yesterdays game.

Thanks

It would help debugging efforts considerably if any problems you encountered was reported using the latest released version so we can work off that. This is why I was hesitant to release it in the first place and ExpiredReign warned against it.

Sorry for asking in this thread but where do you see the release notes now? If you click "Details" (under the "Communitas v3.7 Pre-Release" note on thals web page) you're sent to the github showing a list og issues that are being worked on/are closed but there used to be fantastic lists showing changes.

\Skodkim

Sorry for asking in this thread but where do you see the release notes now? If you click "Details" (under the "Communitas v3.7 Pre-Release" note on thals web page) you're sent to the github showing a list og issues that are being worked on/are closed but there used to be fantastic lists showing changes.

\Skodkim

The whole structure of the project is currently being re-worked and the documentation of details, bugs/fixes, plans etc. is, at present, a bit up-in-the-air.
A detailed description of all the relevant aspects of the mod will be forth-coming.

Apologies for any confusion that this may provide.:(

The whole structure of the project is currently being re-worked and the documentation of details, bugs/fixes, plans etc. is, at present, a bit up-in-the-air.
A detailed description of all the relevant aspects of the mod will be forth-coming.

Apologies for any confusion that this may provide.:(

Fantastic with the new update. With the lack of bug reports it seems to be (relatively) stable and I can't wait to start playing again after months of waiting (and playing other games like CKII or EUIV).

Concerning the documentation I understand fully that it is at present being reworked and therefore may be lacking. On the other hand I'd like to point out that (full) revision histories are - in my opinion - a key element in the whole communitas idea. That's the way I (and a lot of other players) find out what's going on and has been changed from release to release. For example I just learned from looking through posts on the github that the science spike bug was apparently fixed in 3.7. This was IMHO the most crippling bug of 3.6 and because of this I was hesitant to play. There was no mention of the fix on either the release news or in the bug reports thread on this forum.

Furthermore it makes it rather difficult to give feedback or report bugs if we don't know if an "issue" was intended or not. To sum up: I really hope they'll return.

Just one more notice: Fantastic job releasing again :goodjob:

\Skodkim

The lack of documentation for the 3.7 patch is partially my fault since I did not document any of the bugfixing work I did on the patchnotes wiki and instead did it through the github issues list. Also I had forgotten to mention the science spikes fix here, though I believe I did for most other issues.

The lack of documentation for the 3.7 patch is partially my fault since I did not document any of the bugfixing work I did on the patchnotes wiki and instead did it through the github issues list. Also I had forgotten to mention the science spikes fix here, though I believe I did for most other issues.

Thanks for the explanation - once Again I think you've done a fantastic job and I can't wait to start playing Again (might just wait for the Wonders or even better the policies release though). :goodjob:

Just wanted to point out that I think the release notes are important and that I'd hate if they were abandoned. As I hear it they aren't :)

\Skodkim

Top Bottom