How to reduce dialogue box in Sci Advisor?

HorseSoldier

Retrofit this....

Was perusing this forum while slogging thru my eternal WIP and saw a mention that the dialogue box could be reduced in size.

How is this done? Thanx in advance and retro thanx to the various creators of all the wonderful stuff I have availed myself of....

Attachments

• WORKING IND.jpg
    WORKING IND.jpg
    307.5 KB · Views: 177
found dialogbox.pcx in the advisors folder - changed it to a .bmp - resized it in paint -
changed it back to .pcx - and voila.

Now i'll figure out how to move the "more" option back up into the resized box.

Sorry 'bout the waste of this space......

But my retro thanx still stands :)

Not finding the "More" (see attached) in the Advisors folder. Anybody know where it is so I can move up into the dialog box?

Thanks

Attachments

• WORKING IND.jpg
    WORKING IND.jpg
    299.5 KB · Views: 135
I never tried this, but may be the "moore"-text is a consequence, if the description of the tech in the text script file is too short.

Gray Wolf made a very god tutorial about the techtree and the script-file. You can find it here: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=499663 In that tutorial there is a screenshot that also holds only a very short description of the tech and the "moore" addition. May be Gray Wolf can give you a better answer to your question.

Indeed the dialogue-box in the techtree can be disturbing, if you need the place for tech-boxes. I wonder, if in these cases the dialogue box can be completely removed by setting the dialogue-box to transparency (=magenta, colour 255) and by giving the techs all wrong numbers in the script-file (in the text folder).

Thanks for the reply - but I don't think we're on the same page.

Look at the attached .jpg above - I already have shortened up the dialog box so you can see the tech below/underneath and my red arrow points to the "more" button/clickable option that I want to move up into the dialog box - this ("more") advances the (usually needless) commentary from the advisor. This pic is the "before" image - my above post is the "after"

Attachments

• Ind work before.jpg
    Ind work before.jpg
    297.3 KB · Views: 108
I made short test. If the text More in the labels text-file is deleted (and the space where the text stood is left empty) the addition "More" in the advisors dialogue box seems to disappear. This may be no solution to reducing the distance between the advisors text and the More-text, but I´m reflecting about removing this feature completely.

OK - thanks - labels.txt is where it is - now, how to move it?
It's also gotta be in the Art folder somewhere....

HorseSoldier... "More" is not in the Art folder. Only in Labels.txt and its position is dictated with programing. As Civinator posted, you could remove it but it would only remove the "More" label, Not the Box Size. You already know how to adjust the Box size.

Only in Labels.txt and its position is dictated with programing.

So it's immovable by me as I have no programming. And it's a very minor thing anyway - so it's easy to let it go........

Thank you very much for your input, gentlemen

Any comments on the (unfinished) tech tree ?

Any comments on the (unfinished) tech tree ?
Sure , I will comment... Looks like you have an extreme tech Tree... of course I do not know your settings but all is up to you as to how you want your game to go.
Off hand I would say too may techs but again, I do not know your settings.

I do not know your settings

925 turns, 360 x 320 map - is how I like it. Costs adjusted proportionately. 4 new govts - resources about doubled

.......less units than AOI (AOI = 6 generations of destroyers/4 generations of MG's) :mischief: - probably twice as many as vanilla - more incremental in their advancement. Same idea with Imps - Garrison precedes Barracks - Shrine precedes Temple - Bazaar precedes Marketplace. You get the idea...

And I must have the extra techs to accomodate the additional units/improvements/wonders.....

Love AOI (both) - especially the concept of upgrading every other unit step.
I'm trying to work that into mine some how - as some of my units appear relatively quickly after their direct predecessors.

Thanks for all your excellent work btw....

And I must have the extra techs to accomodate the additional units/improvements/wonders.....
HorseSoldier... I understand now. Should be a Fun Game with all of the generations, advancements and improvements.

Top Bottom