Guess the New Civs

With DLC it seems less urgent to hope for certain Civs in an expansion but here's my list:

1. Sumeria: considered by many the first civilization and founders of many aspects of science (especially Math, since I have a Math degree I'm biased to them)and agriculture

2. The Inuit or Eskimo: finally a Civ that function in the arctic/tundra areas of a map. UB Igloo, UU Kayak

3. Brazil: One of the largest countries in the world and one of the most populated. A Political and Economic leader of its continent.

4. Switzerland: Known for its strong economy, culture, quality products, diplomacy and military. Also since the Swiss Guard are the official bodyguards of the Vatican it makes sense to add them in an expansion focused on religion.

2. The Inuit or Eskimo: finally a Civ that function in the arctic/tundra areas of a map. UB Igloo, UU Kayak
The Norwegian Ski Infantry has this bonus, I believe.

I don't think they'll do the Inuit for some time. It would be interesting, but I don't think the Inuit are likely to get in unless the game expands to 40+ civilizations in total. There are simply too many more deserving civs out there.

4. Switzerland: Known for its strong economy, culture, quality products, diplomacy and military. Also since the Swiss Guard are the official bodyguards of the Vatican it makes sense to add them in an expansion focused on religion.

Switzerland has city state written all over it. Even down to the way it's governed. It was never a grand civilisation, just a little survivor between the meat grinders of france, germany and the alps.

I would like to see Brazil, but that's not exactly a world leader by any means yet, it's only just jumped ahead of the UK in GDP. It's got lots of food and they speak Portguese, but they haven't really had any history yet.

Switzerland has city state written all over it. Even down to the way it's governed. It was never a grand civilisation, just a little survivor between the meat grinders of france, germany and the alps.
I agree with this. I could see Zurich being a mercantile CS, for example.

The Inuit do not have cities.
How can a civilization be in if it does not have cities?
They have no agriculture either.
The Iroquois had not really cities,but they had "settlements".
Sumeria is not in,since that scenario of wonders of the ancient world hasn't Sumeria in as its own civ.
And too much overlap with Babylonia and Persia.

As the later eras get more things going on with the espionage kicking in at renaissance, and the cavalcade of WW1 type units, I bet that there's gonna be another "modern" Civ in the game besides Dutch.
Also the Victorian era scenario might hint to that.

My money is on Austria or maybe Poland as they have been requested too.

How would Swedish Empire sound to you?

In my view the most powerful Scandinavian nation, and only one to be called Empire at one point, being a power from 1500s to 1700s and today a model nation for democracy.

Famous leaders l such as Gustaf II Adolf and Carl XII studied by generals, and created military breakthroughs in the use of mobile artillery for example. Many great victories including one that destroyed one third of the whole global navy of Russia.

No Sweden because Denmark is already in,that covers that area already.

You CAN propose it here.
But Denmark covers that area already and that causes overlap with cities.
But I bet that they will not release it in this expansion or DLC's except if they get really bored.

Denmark is in instead of the Vikings so that they could introduce Sweden. But I guess, Sweden will be a DLC-civ with a scenario focused on the 30-years war and maybe something else added in.

I guess we will get anothe Swiss City as a mercantile City state besides Geneva, but my order of guess would be Basel > Berne > Zurich > Lucerne when looking at historical importance. We will lose Amsterdam as a European city state, right? Dublin and Edinburgh might also be cut if Cardiff is representative of Celtic City Names. But after that I think they will try to spread around the city states a bit more over the world. There's really not much left in Europe and they will lose more city names if they decide to add, the Polish, Serbs, Austrians or Hungarians. Maybe Prague will be finally upgraded.

I would like to see Portugal very much because portugal found Brazil colonizes, Angola, Macau, Timor , Goa , Malaca and more in Africa.
Portugal had many naval war with Dutch around Indenesia and India.

I think Portugal is impotant rival with Dutch and trader with India, Siam, Khmer, Malay and including China.

Moreover, Portugal had the Henry, the Navigator who support many navigator that bring Iberians found how to accross Cape of Good hope which is the key path to found Greater India and met Asian.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Henry_the_Navigator
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cape_of_Good_Hope

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Portuguese_colonization_of_the_Americas

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goa

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timor

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Macau

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Malaca

I would like to say that if this expansion don't have Portugal, CIV V miss the legendary civilazation that is the gloriuos Portugal-speak culture, faith of christ, commerce accross the world (espacilly spice and ivory trader), navigator, and first sea warfare (cannon on warships) and colonization.

Israel would make perfect sense from the perspective of new mechanics (religion and espionage) - the religious aspect is self-explanatory, and as to the espionage - the Mossad is one of the best intelligence agencies in the world. So it'd be easy to thing of a UA, etc.

I still think the concept of Israel as a full Civilization is too politically loaded for the developers to seriously consider. Unless they want to alienate several million people, of course. It's telling that they've had this many games in the franchise and never introduced the country before - I don't think they will now.

Dublin and Edinburgh might also be cut if Cardiff is representative of Celtic City Names.

In one of the screen shots (I think it's the espionage one) Dublin is just visible as a Celtic city at the top of the screen, but I guess it could always be a captured CS.

I still think the concept of Israel as a full Civilization is too politically loaded for the developers to seriously consider. Unless they want to alienate several million people, of course. It's telling that they've had this many games in the franchise and never introduced the country before - I don't think they will now.

Then they shouldn't be playing Civ. There are already a couple aspects in civ that certain people could already find offensive. Are atheists going to be alienated because religion is being added into the game? I don't really think so.

And to be honest, I personally don't think that the Israelis of today are similar to the Israelis of 2000+ years ago. Culturally and ethnically, I mean.

I think it would be great to see Israel added with David or Solomon as the leader.

I'm personally quite happy with the five civs we already know about and am sure everyone will have a different slant on which four civs will be included. The civs that I'd like to see are Israel (with an ancient leader, such as Solomon or David) and the Goths (with Theodoric), along with the Saxons and Normans from the Denmark DLC as full-blown civs.

I know, it's not going to happen!

In reality, it would be a surprise to me if there wasn't another African civ - and I look forward to the gradual forthcoming of information over the next couple of months!

I wonder whether or not Austria will be added, considering the fact that the renaissance and industrial era play a bigger role and we have a Victorian scenario it seems likely that they will be included. On the other side we do have many European civs already and it would be nice if Africa gets some more civilizations as well.
I'm pretty sure that Ethiopia will be in this expansion since they were one of the first civilizations to adopt Christianity and this is a religion focused expansion.

Top Bottom